Warehouse Team LeaderApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemical products to improve products and lives. Our commitment to innovation brings together people, products and processes that answer and solve some of the world's biggest challenges. And, our promise to our people connects them with opportunities to innovate and thrive.
South Bend, IN
Warehouse Team Leader
The reports to the Warehouse and Materials Manager, and has responsibility for:
- Leading all activities related with warehouse management and inventory accuracy (including finished goods, raw materials and packaging materials);
- Implementation of several activities to ensure the optimization and rationalization of the use of all resources that are allocated to receiving, shipping and warehousing process;
- Ensuring land transportation for all orders to the markets, making sure all operations run smoothly;
- Manage the portfolio of all existing customer orders to ensure the smooth activity of the warehouse and, at the same time, fulfill the requests from customers;
- Manage the internal flow of materials (from receiving and warehousing of raw materials and packaging materials to the warehousing and shipping of finished goods);
- Manage receiving warehouse and oversee the different processes;
- Prepare all necessary documentation related with shipping process, including hazmat shipping papers and placards.
- Identify the appropriate carrier and make the transportation reservation, considering the characteristics of each order (destination, quantity, lead time and transport specific thermo characteristics and ADR conditions). When necessary performs negotiations with the various transport service providers, in order to get the best rate.
Ensure timely delivery of packed and bulk orders, optimizing the use of all approved external transport agents;
Perform the necessary transactions in the ERP system that are related to Inventory Management to ensure accuracy in system data records
- Manage internal forklifts transportation needs, including:
- Ensuring the removal of all materials from respective production areas or receiving area and store it at correct warehouse locations;
- Preparing all customer orders for shipping process;
- Scheduling, coordinating and executing all loading processes;
- Managing the teams (warehouse workers, receiving workers and shipping workers) considering:
- Definition of resource and competencies needs, participating on the selection process and promoting respective integration processes;
- Ensuring motivational levels are kept at a high level by improving the work environment, suggesting recognition awards and compensation changes, ensuring a fair performance assessment of all employees and driving productivity improvement as well as EHS improvements;
- Ensure that EHS policy approved by the company, including cleaning, storage and conservation of the warehouse areas;
- Ensure proper conservation of all warehouse areas, suggesting improvements, identifying maintenance needs or replacement of equipment as appropriate;
- Ensure that all procedures and work instructions included on the Quality and Environmental Management Systems are followed;
- Validation and acceptance of transport invoices, orders and other costs pertaining to the warehousing / shipping activities;
- Manage external warehouses in order to keep stock levels under control ensuring availability of the different materials;
- Ensure virtual warehouses and consignment are properly monitored and controlled by running periodic reconciliation reports (SOX purposes) as well as all applicable processes are implemented and kept controlled (inventory counts, period closing);
- Coordinate Inventory counts at the site and cycle counting activities to ensure inventory (finished goods, raw materials, packaging materials and WIP) is as accurate as possible;
- Ensure all periodic SOX tests are performed (Shipping / Receiving and Inventory Management narratives);
- Other duties as assigned;
EHS – The Warehouse Team Leader is responsible for all matters related to the Environmental, Health and Safety of his area of responsibility. Ensuring that all team members are adhering to the internal EHS related processes and procedures.
QUALITY – It is critical that receiving, handling, storage, preparation and shipping of materials is done following the internal procedures, efficiently and without damages.
SERVICE – Making sure materials are available when needed and are shipped on time as to meet customer requirements keeping the service level on target.
COST – Main areas of focus are on Inventory control and accuracy, L56 reduction transport management improvement.
PEOPLE – Cooperate with his peers to ensure that all applicable processes and procedures of both the Quality and Environmental Management Systems are supported and followed.
- Shipping Clerks, warehouse and receiving workers
- This function is also responsible for budgeting because it assists in financial decision- making on new equipment purchases.
- High School diploma and 10 years of experience in the job or some college with equivalent experience or Associates degree and 4+ years experience
- Experience using ADAGE / SAP
- Computer proficient in: Microsoft Works (excel, outlook, word and power point)
- Competence in Webex and skype
- Main competencies
- Team leader skills
- Written and Communication skills
- Ability to communicate
- Decision-making capacity
- Knowledge about lean manufacturing
- Capacity to motivate employees
- Ability to work well with other team members
- Professional experience working in an industrial environment
Physically robust to stay standing for long periods and work in an industrial environment
Employees are eligible for full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid holidays. This position may also qualify for medical reimbursement depending on the employee’s annual base salary. If qualified, H.B. Fuller will pay up to 100% of the employee’s medical premium. All employees also qualify for an annual cash bonus, based on business performance. Annual raises are rewarded based on company and individual performance.
To all recruitment agencies: H.B. Fuller does not accept agency resumes unless directly engaged by Human Resources. Please do not forward any resumes to Human Resources or any employees. H.B. Fuller is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
- Job Location
- South Bend, United States
- Position Type