Account Manager ConstructionApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
We at H.B. Fuller embrace a shared set of beliefs and competencies that direct the way we operate and express our fundamental principles about how we will achieve success. We strive to hire talent that demonstrates our beliefs and our competencies.
The Account Manager is expected to retain and grow H.B. Fullers’ market share at existing customers while closing profitable new sales opportunities. He or she is accountable for ensuring that customers view H.B. Fuller as a partner by providing professional sales support and excellent customer service. The Account Manager must possess the business ability to influence and gain customer alignment at all levels within customer organizations. He or she is expected to develop an in-depth understanding of the client’s business plus the competitors, industry trends, and market forces affecting their business and product needs. The AM should achieve the above through use of the H.B. Fuller Sales Process and value selling.
The key objective is the achievement of defined sales and contribution margin objectives with the result that H.B. Fuller expands its market share in the AM geography. The following are the main tasks for an AM:
• Work safely following the company guidelines and using all protective equipment.
• Develop relationships at all levels with all ‘’A’’ accounts but especially the Top 10.
• Manage the ‘’B’’ and ‘’C’’ accounts in line with Geographic Sales Manager (GSM) guidelines.
• Agree Top 10 opportunities with GSM and then close them within the timelines agreed.
• Implement Strategic Account plans for sites that are within the AM geography.
• Manage travel & expense (T&E) costs within budget.
• Use the pricing tools provided by the GSM and implement prices variation as required.
• Document all activities at customers in our CRM tool ( (SFDC).
• Develop and maintain account plans for all key accounts and plan to hold a business review at least once per year at the Top 10 accounts.
• Quantify and document the value H. B. Fuller provides to the customer.
• Support distribution strategy regarding c account.
• Proactively focus on selling core products and upgrading customers to new products, additionally when specifically requested by GSM, Marketing or Product Line Manager.
• Develop sales in new market segments or with new products as required by Marketing and Sales Management
• Ensure customers pay on time, give minimum order quantities and lead times.
• Work closely with Customer Service, Credit Control and react quickly if they ask for help
• Provide accurate sales forecast each month for the next 12 months to GSM
• Document all potential business in SFDC including all ESPCE (Equipment, Substrates, and Performance/Cost/Environment) data.
• Report new customer or market technical/product needs to the Technical Service /Research +Development (R+D) team and copy the GSM + top 3
• Suggest new ideas to H.B. Fuller that could allow H.B. Fuller to differentiate itself from the competitors either through technology or service.
• Ensure customers are using the latest technology and services available from H.B. Fuller.
• Work in close cooperation with Area Technical Managers and technical labs.
• Use the selling tools and skills provided via the H.B. Fuller sales training programs and coaching from the GSM. Constantly seek to improve knowledge, skills and behaviour by attending training, seeking advice and by self learning.
• Use the Sales Manager, the ATM, the SAM and R+D plus any other resources as necessary to achieve sales objectives.
- Required Skills
• Master level or equivalent
• 3+ years’ experience or proven experience in industrial sales or relevant industry experience
• Ability to understand applications engineering
• Understanding of financial metrics such as Operating Profit, Margins and Working Capital
• Excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills
• Team player
• PC skills in Windows environment
• Valid driving license and willing to travel within the Territory and occasionally to H.B. Fuller facilities across the European Region.
• Ability to communicate in language required for the specific geography
• High ethical standards – must meet H.B. Fuller minimum
• English and one other European language
• Technical or marketing qualifications
• Experience in working with different cultures and working in different countries
• Chemistry knowledge
• Knowledge of applications engineering
• 5+ years or proven experience or demonstrated success in industrial selling
• Ambition to become senior sales professional or sales manager
• Ability to be Manager/Leader in sales/relevant function
• Travel required
• Lifting and carrying up to 30kg may be required
- Job Location
- Surbourg, France
- Position Type