Process EngineerApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
We, at H.B. Fuller embrace a shared set of beliefs and competencies that direct the way we operate and express our fundamental principles about how we will achieve success. We strive to hire talent that demonstrates our beliefs and our competencies.
The position of Facility Engineer Supervisor reports to the Facility Manager and has primary responsibility for all onsite Engineering and Maintenance. The job holder will be responsible for implementing Engineering process improvements, developed preventative/predictive maintenance strategies alongside breakdown repairs, lean manufacturing, process improvement and health and safety all to the highest of standard
• Drive productivity and process improvements in manufacturing in our Surbourg, France facility.
• Lead continuous improvement initiatives on site to deliver year over year improvements in productivity, yield and quality. Apply innovative thinking, sound engineering principles, and continuous improvement tools and methodologies, to deliver step change results.
• Manage, motivate and control the Maintenance & Engineering team, so that resources are effectively used and established goals could be achieved;
• Direct support personnel and contractors as needed to complete projects.
• Provide input to Facility Manager on decisions regarding new equipment or systems, system upgrades and necessary repairs;
• Develop preventative/predictive maintenance strategies and suggest process improvements in order to minimize repairs and downtime. Ensure that the Maintenance’s budget is respected
• Promotes EHS and Quality and ensure that the quality and safety rules are followed consistently reflecting improvements, corrective actions and any other inputs on the SOPs related to Production;
• Work collaboratively with other functions in manufacturing, supply chain, R&D, sales, marketing and finance to develop manufacturing innovations and process improvements that will deliver value to our customers.
• Lead new product introduction / scale-up and raw material acquisition, as well as product transfers from or to other sites.
• Troubleshoot manufacturing problems, document and address issues with timely corrective actions.
• Actively bring in new ideas and manufacturing concepts & processes by visiting customers, suppliers, attending trade shows, training, visiting other HBF sites, technical magazines, etc... to support a learning environment and culture
• Manage assigned projects, completing on time and within budget.
• Ensure the compliance with all applicable environmental regulations and assist the HBF EHS representative.
• She / he will lead the maintenance team and the engineering team
• Budget responsibility for projects will vary. Recommendations and actions can have a significant impact on company performance.
- Required Skills
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering or Process Engineering and a minimum of 3 years work experience in process or applications engineering: or
• Master of Science in Chemical Engineering or Process Engineering and a minimum of 3 years work experience in process or applications engineering;
• Work experience in the adhesives, specialty chemical or closely related industry.
• Experience working with Emulsion Polymers, Water Based Adhesives, Hot Melts and Solvent Based Adhesives.
• Knowledge of adhesives manufacturing equipment.
• Demonstrated ability to evaluate and optimize manufacturing processes, including process design and development.
• Project management experience, including the demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at one time.
• Proven record of high standards in EHS to ensure a safe working culture.
• Experience in Lean and Six Sigma methodologies with special focus on problem solving and root cause analysis;
• PHA or HAZOP analysis
• Knowledge with Autocad and MS Project (Project Planner and design software )
• Very good spoken & written English
• Very good spoken & written German
• Solid computer skills, MS Office and MS Project
• Project management training or certification
• Lean Six Sigma training or certification
- Job Location
- Surbourg, France
- Position Type