Senior ScientistApply NowApply Later
We at H.B. Fuller embrace a shared set of beliefs and competencies that direct the way we operate and express our fundamental principles about how we will achieve success. We strive to hire talent that demonstrates our beliefs and our competencies.
In general, a Senior Scientist I leads projects that generate new product, process or method concepts leveraging the Stage-Gate process discipline to meet market and business needs in Construction Adhesives for EIMEA. This role requires knowledge in water-based adhesives technologies, in addition to reactive chemistry (polyurethanes, silanes) and solvents which are found in target subsegments of construction, namely flooring, commercial roofing and utilities and infrastructure. In this position the ability to collaborate and communicate across disciplines, functions and regions is highly valued. Senior Scientist I coaches, mentors and guides research of technical colleagues.
Primary duties include, within Construction Flooring Business:
• Planning and leading research and development projects, using project management discipline and present solutions based on understanding of structure-property-performance relationships.
• Generating new product, process or method concepts.
• Meeting research goals within time and budget constraints.
• Providing technical leadership of projects through the Stage-Gate process.
• Providing technical service support in requests from flooring, roofing and U&I businesses in EIMEA..
• Collaborate closely with sourcing regarding raw material evaluation and validation as well as toll manufacturers for select projects
• Preparing and presenting reports to customers and business leaders.
• Participating in and driving global or cross-functional project teams, collaborating across functional and regional boundaries.
• Coaching and mentoring others in the lab.
• Supporting operations to facilitate scale-up and efficient production of developed technologies.
• Fulfilling responsibilities as required by the Quality System for the site/business unit.
• Working in a safe and efficient manner.
• Bachelors degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering and 5 years of professional industry experience.
• Masters degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering and 3 years of professional industry experience
• Ph.D. in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering.
• Demonstrated ability to apply and interpret standard scientific theories, concepts and techniques in a scientific or engineering specialty.
• Demonstrated ability to work on a wide range of problems where causal relationships are difficult to establish and the use of creative thinking is required.
• Demonstrated ability to generate new product, process or method concepts within an area of specialty.
• Demonstrated ability to plan and lead large scale projects using project management and Stage-Gate discipline.
• Ability to deliver internal and customer presentations in a professional manner.
• Ability to coach and mentor other technical colleagues.
• Demonstrates proficiency in the following competencies:
Responsive to change – Adapts quickly to changing circumstances
Individually responsible for results – Engages in activities and experiences that strengthen contribution to the organization
Model collaboration and commitment – Focuses on team success before individual success
Focus on customers – Creates an experience for customers – delights customers by providing exceptional value and service
Demonstrates operational excellence – Continually looks for new and better ways to get things done and shows functional/technical proficiency in work
Demonstrates effective self management – Seeks to understand and act upon improvement opportunities
Recently Viewed Jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.