Production Operator; Syracuse, NY - 2nd shiftApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemical products to improve products and lives. Our commitment to innovation brings together people, products and processes that answer and solve some of the world's biggest challenges. And, our promise to our people connects them with opportunities to innovate and thrive.
Location: Syracuse, NY-- 2nd shift role
The Production Operator is a critical role for the H.B. Fuller North America adhesives operations and will be a 2nd shift role.
This position is responsible for the successful formulation of product, packaging pails, totes and drums as directed by process orders to meet customer’s needs and production requirements. Review process order to select the proper package or bulk vessels to load. Create proper labels to affix to containers. Place packaged material in stock and in shipping department for sales orders.
- Follow safety rules and procedures as well as MSDS guidelines including wearing required PPE (safety equipment).
- Read and follow operating procedures.
- Check product & lot numbers on paperwork & packaging for accuracy.
- Forklift operation.
- Monitoring of assigned equipment, including start up-shut down & lockout/tag-out procedures for equipment responsibilities.
- Load correct quantity of needed raw materials; monitor processes utilizing instruments/gauges, scales; adjust process both manually and with computerized controls; assure finish product meets quality specifications.
- Able to accurately enter necessary data into the production management system using a handheld scanner or computer terminal.
- General housekeeping, maintaining & auditing of various stages of the 5s standard.
- Full support of safety and quality assurance teams.
- Good oral and written communication skills. Able to properly use plant radios and intercom system.
- Move, Stage materials within the warehouse.
- Package pails, drums, and totes.
- Complete process orders and other production forms.
- Be familiar SAP or equivalent.
- Washing vessels.
- Work mandatory overtime as required.
- Read and write English
- Experience with scanners a plus
- May stand for long periods of time, work in a dusty, and hot/cold environment.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Will be required to stack 40 lb. pails on pallets
- Will be required to participate in H.B. Fullers 5 S program
- Experience in using forklifts
- High School diploma or equivalent. Microsoft Word and Excel experience a Plus.
- Must have work experience in a chemical manufacturing environment and able to work all shifts.
- Attention to detail and numerical aptitude in order to assure accurate production paperwork.
- Problem solving and troubleshooting capabilities to resolve workplace process problems.
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal to communicate with other employees.
- Sense of urgency and ability to complete multiple tasks in a timely manner in order to assure customer requirements are met.
- Able to pass physical requirements for position, some heavy lifting and wearing of proper PPE.
Employees are eligible for full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid holidays. This position may also qualify for medical reimbursement depending on the employee’s annual base salary. If qualified, H.B. Fuller will pay up to 100% of the employee’s medical premium. All employees also qualify for an annual cash bonus, based on business performance. Annual raises are rewarded based on company and individual performance.
This position is required to stand for long periods of time, walk, climb stairs, use hands to remove or lift boxes, stretch and reach with arms extended and stoop. Employees regularly lift up to 50 pounds and up to 100 pounds with assistance.
To all recruitment agencies: H.B. Fuller does not accept agency resumes unless directly engaged by Human Resources. Please do not forward any resumes to Human Resources or any employees. H.B. Fuller is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
- Job Location
- Syracuse, New York, United States
- Position Type
Recently Viewed Jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.