EHS SpecialistApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
We at H.B. Fuller embrace a shared set of beliefs and competencies that direct the way we operate and express our fundamental principles about how we will achieve success. We strive to hire talent that demonstrates our beliefs and our competencies.
The Facility EHS coordinator reports to the Site EHS Manager and has primary responsibility for management of the facility EHS program and processes. This position is full time (6 days /week)
This individual will be primarily responsible for ensuring that effective compliant programs are in place for the facility, meeting company policy and goals, and implementing the corporate EHS program. Individual will be heavily involved in program implementation and maintenance. It is expected that this individual will spend a significant portion of time walking the manufacturing areas of the facility and interacting with plant and supervisory personnel. Additional duties include:
1. Comply with Local law and Internal HBF requirements & policies.
2. Operate in a manner that minimizes safety and health risk and company liability.
3. Use EHS tools (webpage, databases, online training and programs guidance).
4. Implement activities, programs, and training for existing and pending Safety and Health requirements.
5. Recognize and resolve at risk conditions that could potentially lead to significant events, and noncompliance situations.
6. Guide to the facility leadership in the area of EHS.
7. Support the completion of facility corrective and preventive actions.
8. Coordinate and support regional and corporate compliance programs as needed.
Safety Duties and Responsibilities – 40% Time Commitment
• Implement and maintain the corporate safety management system within the plant
• Assess training requirements and needs, implement, prepare /coordinate and maintain safety training plan for the plant
• Facilitate or lead accident investigations on work-related injuries and near miss events, establish, and implement associated corrective and preventative actions.
• Ensures that appropriate personal protective equipment is specified and system is in place to provide PPE to plant employees.
• Conduct/ lead regular safety inspections/audits to the facility and risk assessment study /HIRA / Aspect & impact study for individual function from site, to ensure unsafe conditions are identified and corrected in a timely manner.
• Design and assist in auditing plant processes and procedures to ensure employees have the training and tools necessary to perform their job safely
• Where applicable, assist the coordination of Process Safety Management activities and other related management systems; and identify gaps in compliance activities
• Assist site EHS manager to prepare EHS goals, metrics and progress
• Coordinate the development of facility leading indicators and ensure that reporting procedures exist and are known for work-related injuries or illnesses
• Enter and maintain injury and illness database
• Ensure plant has functioning emergency response processes and teams as required: (First Aid, fire fighting, spill team (HAZWOPER) and committee).
• Drive, maintain, and promote a positive safety conscious culture throughout the facility
• Maintain relationship with local medical and emergency services providers
• Provide active follow-up to resolve any facility safety concerns
• Help to review facility capital and process change plans to promote best physical design for EHS.
• Serve as a resource and work closely with the regional / global EHS staff and other impacted groups to identify, develop and assist with the implementation of specific global EHS programs, processes and practices at a division, global and plant level.
Environmental Duties and Responsibilities – 35% Time Commitment
• Run site ETP (Effluent treatment plant ) and maintain all are monitoring & discharge parameter in local permit limits
• Maintain compliance with all applicable environmental permits, regulations, and programs. Arrange for required sampling, complete inspections, submit reports accurately and on time, and keep records organized and accessible for inspection.
• Guarantee the correct profiling, storage, shipment arrangement and management of hazardous and special wastes.
• Supply sustainability data and support goals established as a part of the program.
• Conduct and/or coordinate training of personnel to comply with regulatory requirements such as hazardous waste management, storm water pollution prevention plans, spill prevention control and countermeasures plan, air permit, and waste minimization.
• Obtain and maintain updated information and local contacts on applicable environmental issues.
• Implement and customize H.B. Fuller's environmental programs to facility.
• Proactively identify situations when permits and environmental programs are required to be revised and ensure all required permit revisions are obtained and programs updated in a timely manner.
• Inspect housekeeping at facility and identify areas for improvement.
Industrial Hygiene Duties and Responsibilities – 20% Time Commitment
Understand and Assist in Assessing Facility Exposures:
Recognize, assess, and advise on control of chemical and physical hazards (noise, heat, etc.) related to facility processes is necessary. A good understanding of the hazards of the chemicals the facility uses, process flow. Working knowledge of exposure control methods and ability to advise facility personnel on appropriate hazard control is necessary.
• Conduct assessments of chemical and physical hazards exposures:
o Observe processes to determine worker exposure to chemical and physical health hazards.
o Identify areas of potential exposure during team process hazard reviews.
o Identify areas of potential exposure during process or product changes.
o Collect samples, under the direction of Regional or Corporate EHS, using simple IH equipment (sound level meter, passive dosimeters, etc.), if necessary.
o Record, report, and distribute information collected after assessments.
• Advise facility personnel on possible hazard control improvements after assessments:
o Issue maintenance requests for improvements as necessary.
o Advise on protective measures during the implementation of new processes or product changes.
• Coordinate non-routine exposure monitoring activities if necessary:
o Arrange for exposure monitoring if there are substantial (near or greater than acceptable exposure level) new exposures to chemicals or physical hazards and/or if health of workers may be affected by exposures.
o Arrange for exposure monitoring after process or product changes have been made.
Misc. Duties – 5% Time Commitment
• As it applies, develop processes and provide hands on support to conduct process hazard assessments, operability reviews, and engineering/administrative controls for the facility processes utilizing HAZOP and other applicable methodologies.
• Support the management of change process within the facility
• Other duties as related to EHS.
- Required Skills
• Basic Degree in Chemistry & Diploma in industrial safety /environmental or related field.
• Minimum 6-8 years working in a EHS focused role in a chemical processing environment
• 2 + years managing projects with effective project management skills
• Facilitated In-house training on a variety of EHS topics in accordance with EHS management objectives.
• Facilitated Accident and Incident Investigation and Analysis as per EHS management directives and operational requirements.
• Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• An understanding of the application of systems to safety (ISO 9001,14001& OHSAS 18001)
• Excellent leadership and training skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, process work rapidly, set priorities, work under pressure and follow through with required tasks.
• Ability to travel up to 5-10% supporting other locations as needed
• This employee is expected to spend a significant portion of their time on the plant floor engaging with employees and working on safety improvements.
• Frequent walking, standing and climbing stairs is required.
• Will work in a chemical manufacturing environment.
• Should be ready to stay in 10 km distance from Shirwal plant location so that easy accessibility is available.
- Job Location
- Taluka – Khandala,, India
- Position Type