Scientist Sr IApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
We at H.B. Fuller embrace a shared set of beliefs and competencies that direct the way we operate and express our fundamental principles about how we will achieve success. We strive to hire talent that demonstrates our beliefs and our competencies.
A Senior Scientist I leads projects that generate new product, process or method concepts leveraging the Stage-Gate process discipline to meet market and business needs. In this position the ability to collaborate and communicate across disciplines, functions and regions is highly valued. Senior Scientist I coaches, mentors and guides research of technical colleagues.
This position is located in Shirwal, India.
This is a laboratory bench level position. A Senior Scientist I will lead the development of technology to achieve the goals and plans of the businesses for which they support.
Primary duties include:
• Planning and leading large scale research and development projects, using project management discipline, to draw conclusions and present solutions based on understanding of structure-property-performance relationships.
• Generating new product, process or method concepts within an area of specialty.
• Meeting research goals within time and budget constraints.
• Providing technical leadership of projects through the Stage-Gate process.
• Preparing and presenting reports to customers and business leaders.
• Participating in global or cross-functional project teams, collaborating across functional and regional boundaries.
• Coaching and mentoring others in the lab.
• Supporting operations to facilitate scale-up and efficient production of developed technologies.
• Fulfilling responsibilities as required by the Quality System for the site/business unit.
• Working in a safe and efficient manner.
Travel for product customer trials, product scale-up and laboratory meetings will require less than 15% of their time
- Required Skills
• Bachelors degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering and 5 years of professional industry experience.
• Masters degree in Chemistry and 3 years of professional industry experience
• Ph.D. in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering.
The preferred Senior Scientist I candidate would have technical expertise in markets where hot melt adhesives are used. This would include but not be limited to the chemistries of thermoplastic polymer blending, compatibility and rheology as they apply to the packaging, durable assembly, converting and automotive markets. In addition the Senior Scientist I would have in-depth knowledge of the raw materials and manufacturing practices used to develop hot melt products. The preferred candidate would have a fundamental understanding of the equipment and dynamics used to deliver these products to the end use substrates. The Senior Scientist I will have as a primary objective laboratory development, production scale–up and commercial introduction of new products. They will lead and support their team efficiently to fulfill the project target milestones following the company innovation stage gate process. In addition:
• A demonstrated track record of achievements in product development
• An intimate knowledge of the manufacturing equipment and requirements to produce hot melt chemistries
• Skilled in hot melt adhesives as they relate to the packaging, durable assembly, converting and automotive markets.
• In-depth knowledge of the raw materials used in the development of hot melt products.
• An expertise in customer application methods and machinery for packaging, durable assembly, converting and automotive markets
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Fluency in English verbally and in written form
- Job Location
- Taluka – Khandala,, India
- Position Type