Technical Section ManagerApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
We at H.B. Fuller embrace a shared set of beliefs and competencies that direct the way we operate and express our fundamental principles about how we will achieve success. We strive to hire talent that demonstrates our beliefs and our competencies.
The Technical Section Manager (TSM) is a technology leader for an R&D lab section. All R&D labs are global, and the TSMs are expected to collaborate globally in product development. The TSM is also the primary interface between the lab section and the region business unit managers and is responsible for the day to day management of a section of an R&D lab. The TSM is responsible for managing both the people and the workflow in the lab section.
The TSM reports to EIMEA R&D Director and is a member of the Directors’ leadership team. Direct reports include lab technicians, chemists, senior chemists, research chemists and research fellows.
A Technical Section Manager leads a team of R&D professionals in the development of technology to achieve the goals and plans of the businesses they support. The TSM duties include the following:
• BUSINESS UNIT TECHNICAL LEADERSHIP
The TSM is the primary point of contact for the region business unit leaders, and is responsible for organizing and leading technical reviews with the region business unit leaders, including toll gate reviews and project updates. The TSM will also support the business unit leaders in the testing of products, the development on marketing literature and initial account selection.
• MANAGE PROJECTS, WORKFLOW AND PRODUCTION
The TSM is responsible for managing the workflow of the section and assuring business needs are met. The TSM will establish projects and project priorities, assign projects and resources, monitor projects to assure that work is being completed on time and per commitments. The TSM is ultimately accountable for delivery of R&D projects for his/her section. All R&D labs are global, and the TSMs are expected to collaborate globally in product development.
• CAREER DEVELOPMENT, COACHING, AND PERFORMANCE MANGEMENT
A major responsibility of TSM is to guide the development and growth of the individuals in his/her team. This includes working with the each of the members of his/her team on career development plans; the establishment and tracking of annual, individual objectives (including developmental objectives); managing ongoing performance through coaching; and conducting formal performance reviews. The TSM will also lead and empower the coaching and mentoring of more junior team members, either directly or through the more senior members of the team. The TSM will also lead and support team rewards and recognition.
• RAW MATERIALS MANAGEMENT
The TSM will also lead the SST efforts for his/he team. This includes leadership for the investigation of new raw materials or raw materials new to a given project. The TSM should spot trends and plan direction for the technologies of his/her team.
• SYSTEMS, PROCESSES, QUALITY AND SAFETY
The TSM is responsible for maintaining and improving all systems, processes and quality standards for his/her section. This includes management of all TKS lab functions. The TSM is also responsible for maintaining all safety standards and for insuring that his/her section remains clean and safe.
6 - 7
- Required Skills
Standard: 1) BS degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or appropriate technical degree with 8 years of professional (exempt) experience outside of H.B. Fuller, or 2) MS in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering with 6 years of professional (exempt) experience outside of H.B. Fuller, or 3) Ph.D. in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering with 4 years of professional (exempt) experience outside of H.B. Fuller.
• 3+ years’ experience in project management, including use of a stage-gate process.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Windows office suite
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Mastery of patent and technical literature as related to his/her field of expertise.
• Demonstrated ability to work on a wide range of problems where correlations are difficult to establish and the use of creative problem solving is required.
• Demonstrated ability to apply and interpret standard scientific theories, concepts and techniques as well as knowledge of related disciplines.
• Demonstrated ability to develop chemical and physical data which demonstrates underlying principles of a technology discipline.
• Understands applicable government regulations which are pertinent to their work.
• Is recognized for technical expertise by peers, management and project sponsors.
• Ability to build formal/informal work teams to accomplish project goals.
• The candidate should demonstrate proficiency in the following competencies:
- Responsive to change – Adapts (quickly) to changing circumstances
- Individually responsible for results – Engages in activities and experiences that strengthen contribution to the organization
- Model collaboration and commitment – Focuses on team success before individual success
- Focus on customers – Creates an experience for customers – delights customers by providing exceptional value and service
- Demonstrates operational excellence – Continually looks for new and better ways to get things done and shows functional/technical proficiency in work
- Demonstrates effective self management – Seeks to understand and act upon improvement opportunities
- Accountability for Results – Translates goals/objectives into actionable plans and results
- Build and lead effective teams – Attracts and retains the best people. Optimizes peak performance through development & coaching
- Foster change and innovation - Seeks solutions that strengthen quality, value, service and effectiveness
- Create value for customers - Anticipates and responds to market trends and opportunities
- Demonstrate business acumen and business agility - Demonstrates functional/technical proficiency, engages in effective operational and strategic planning
- Job Location
- Taluka – Khandala,, India
- Position Type