H.B. Fuller employees click here to apply for current openings.
Tamworth, United Kingdom;Apply NowApply Later
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemicals across all industries throughout the world. While our products are virtually invisible, they play a vital role in ensuring the quality of modern life and we are committed to connecting what matters to solve some of the world's biggest adhesion challenges.
The Process Engineer reports directly to the Engineering Manager.
- Responsible for the efficient and safe operation of all bulk chemical production equipment and infrastructure
- Design, specify, justify new equipment and modifications to existing plant and equipment
- Work closely with the Engineering, Production and Technical teams on the use of new and existing plant and equipment
- Work safely and always promote safe working practices in compliance with national and company standards
- Conduct relevant risk assessments (including RAM’s, PUWER, DSEAR) in conjunction with the compliance team
- Where required detail HAZOP, P&IDs, Flow Diagrams and Data Sheets
- Working closely with onsite process engineers, maintenance engineers and the compliance team to ensure process plant provides optimum efficiency
- Design plant and equipment that can be readily adapted to suit the product range and the process technologies involved, taking environmental and economic aspects into account
- Use AutoCAD to produce and modify plant drawings
- Assessing options for plant expansion or reconfiguration
- Design, install and commissioning new production plant, including monitoring developments and troubleshooting
- Be involved in the HAZOP teams and other safety study processes to maintain and improve plant safety
- Be hands on with the implementation of new equipment and during the trouble shooting of existing plant constraints
- Improving and developing procedures for safe plant operations
- Liaise with 3rd party contractors and specialists
- Work closely with production and compliance teams to help produce training documentation and other handover materials.
- Graduate Chemical Engineer or equivalent
- Previous experience in the delivery of projects in a fast-paced environment where hazardous and flammable liquids have been used
- Work experience, preferably in the chemical, petro-chemical or similar process industry
- Experience in the support of capital projects
- You will have excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Dynamic attitude towards project improvements and safety
- Positive attitude
- Flexible and adaptable with a hands-on approach
- Good team worker and the ability to work without close supervision
- Good time management
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels
- Judgement and decision making
- Appropriate IT skills (competent user of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and the company ERP system)
At H.B. Fuller, we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and are committed to providing all applicants and employees with equal employment opportunity. We subscribe to the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) policy of employing and promoting individuals based on their merits, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, or any other protected classification.
Recently Viewed Jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.