Accounting AnalystApply NowApply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
This position is responsible for performing support on accounting tasks (preparation of low / intermediate complexity journal entries and input in the system of same, supporting documentation for accruals, detail of reserves, specific analysis, reconciliations, additional support to Cash App and IC activities), SOX process testing, certifications, internal and external audit requirements. This responsibility includes monthly, quarterly and year end closing of all ledgers. The Accounting Analyst I reports to the LA Record to Report Manager.
- Support the Month Closing Activities of LA Region.
- Support the monthly accruals process for LA Region.
- Reconcile (Fiscal/ USGAAP) accounts for the LA region ensuring that appropriated support documentation is in place in compliance with US GAAP and local GAAP standards.
- Perform journal entries as required ensuring proper support documentation and approval in compliance with US GAAP and local GAAP standards.
- Execute USGAAP reports for each country or SJO Shared service organization demands.
- Support LA Audit processes (Internal & External) information demands.
- Support of the resolution of issues / areas of concern within reconciliations & within accounting processes.
- Actively support the implementation of best practices within the department.
- Elaborate detailed process documentation for transitioned & existing work ensuring business continuity objectives.
- Work in compliance with US GAAP and local GAAP methods.
- Work in compliance with SOX requirements and actively support remediation of GAPs.
- Work with managers to support & develop initiatives to manage the business.
Budgetary / Financial Accountability
- Accounts Payable, Accounts receivable, Treasury, Fixed Assets, Intercompany, Payroll and HR Management, Operations, Sales, IT, Internal Audit, Corporate reporting.
- External Auditors adhoc, consultants and requirements.
- Required Skills
- Accounting Degree (“Colegio Tecnico” degree).
- Microsoft Office tools including Access, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to do a high volume of work both accurately and timely.
- Possibility of early start time for coverage of duties due to regional service provided.
- Intermediate-Advanced English level, Portuguese is considered as plus.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills to work collaboratively with all levels of the organization.
- Innovation – Leveraging possibility thinking in creating new value for customers
- Accountability – Delivering excellence through personal motivation and engagement
- Performance Excellence – Elevating the performance bar and delivering on commitments with high quality solutions.
- Required Experience
- Two years of Accounting related experience.
- Previous experience with all GL related reconciliations, accruals.
- SAP and Blackline Experience.
- Job Location
- Tres Ríos, Cartago, Costa Rica
- Position Type
Recently Viewed Jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.