Accounts Payable ManagerApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The Accounts Payable (AP) Manager reports to the Global Finance Services (GFS) NA Manager and has responsibility for various AP functions; process improvement initiatives and projects; and compliance work. This position will be relied upon to be an effective partner with the various operating plants, external vendors and customers, and corporate offices through their strong communication skills and technical knowledge. Overview of duties:
- Oversee the NA AP function through issue resolution, training, monitoring, and review of transactions and related reports.
- Support the monthly close process which may include accruals; preparing and approving journal entries; preparing and approving reconciliations.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to continuous improvement.
- Team cross-functionally with other groups in Global Finance Services, business units and other regions.
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE ACTIVITIES / SUPERVISION (50%)
- Manage a staff of 10+ (90% located in San Jose, 10% located in U.S.).
- Ensure that payables are recorded in compliance with GAAP, SOX, and H.B. Fuller’s internal policies.
- Develop and implement processes for effective issue escalation and resolution.
- Maximize HBF’s working capital position.
- Complete month-end close responsibilities as assigned (JEs, accruals, account recs, etc.).
- Provide day-to-day prioritization to A/P team (daily report).
- Monitor KPI reporting and ensure corrective actions are implemented as needed.
- Identify, analyze and solve complex issues.
- Establish strong network with key internal/external stakeholders and provide partnership through quality service delivery and timely issue resolution.
- Respond to financial questions/concerns to meet business needs.
- Create, document, and maintain policies, procedures, and work instructions for AP.
- Provide overall leadership to the team taking accountability for team performance.
- Define and communicate team strategy
SPECIAL PROJECTS / PROCESS IMPROVEMENT (25%)
- Provide data and accounting support as needed to cross-functional internal customers within H.B. Fuller (Royal, other Business Units, Global Finance Services, and Corporate offices).
- Initiate and research opportunities to streamline, modify or develop processes to improve accuracy and repeatability utilizing various systems and tools.
- Improve system data, focusing on standardization and harmonization between entities / facilities.
- Develop meaningful KPIs to allow for performance review against goals and objectives.
- Develop self and team by seeking opportunities to expand technical and business skills; cross-training and skills development.
- Develop and leverage relationships with internal HBF Regional and Global groups including Sourcing, Vendor Management team, financial leaders, SAP CoE, Costing and Master Data Management to create / change and adapt open, simple and integrated processes. Often leading projects with resources from these groups to accomplish HBF goals and objectives.
TEAM DEVELOPMENT/MANAGEMENT (15%)
- Train and evaluate employees to enhance their performance, development, and work product.
- Provide developmental opportunities and manage team member performance.
- Address performance issues and makes recommendations for personnel actions.
- Motivates and rewards according with company guidelines.
- Provide support for internal and external audits, including preparation and review of PBC work papers.
- Ensure process adherence to COSO requirements.
- Ensure internal controls and best practices are followed.
- Number of direct reports = 10
- Required Skills
- Bachelor’s degree with major in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- Five or more years related experience.
- 3 or more years supervisory experience.
- Proven accounting knowledge, including journal entries, accruals and closing activities.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Proven people management skills in a high-transaction environment, including coaching/motivating.
- Strong knowledge and experience with:
- complex ERP systems (e.g. SAP, Oracle, Adage or similar)
- business solutions software
- advanced Excel skills
- strong data mining abilities across various platforms
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated with desire for continuous improvement.
- Good organizational and project management skills, with flexibility to accommodate shifting priorities.
- Ability to assess current controls to ensure that assets are safeguarded and that transactions are authorized, recorded and reported.
- Limited travel expected (5%).
- Demonstrates proficiency in the following competencies:
Accountability – Delivering excellence through personal motivation and engagement
Change and Risk Taking – Working toward our future, altering the course as needed and balancing risks and rewards in making decisions
Teamwork – Encouraging collaboration, trust and cooperation among and within work groups.
Customer Focus – Understanding customer needs and delivering superior solutions with passion
Performance Excellence – Elevating the performance bar and delivering on commitments with high quality solutions
Innovation – Leveraging possibility thinking in creating new value for customers
- Advanced degree, CPA, CMA.
- U.S. 1099 and Canada T4A filing experience.
- U.S. GAAP knowledge and experience.
- General Accounting experience.
- SOX/COSO experience.
- Extensive computer work.
- Job Location
- Tres Ríos, Cartago, Costa Rica
- Position Type