Analyst I, AccountingApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The position is a key member for the Financial Shared Services RTR Accounting team, and is responsible for performing and support general accounting tasks; preparation of intermediate / high complexity journal entries and inputs in the ERP, supporting documentation for banking transactions, accruals, Exchange rate analysis, GR/IR reviews, month-end general ledger close and monthly balance sheet reconciliations, mainly Bank accounts reconciliations. May be part of the backup for critical task of other members.
- Principal person for banking transactions reviews and reconciliations, investigation and follow up of open items with other teams, such us accounts payable, cash applications.
- Prepare and complete balance sheet reconciliation, ensuring all account balances are appropriately supported and comply with HB Fuller’s policy and Local GAAP requirements.
- Support on the monthly reconciliation and accrual process booking for LA region.
- Prepare reports about the impact of exchange rate for each entity.
- Prepare, review and do follow up with entity people or other teams for GR/IR process.
- Execute USGAAP reports for each country or SJO Shared service organization demands.
- Support LA Audit processes (Internal & External) information demands.
- Support of the resolution of issues / areas of concern within reconciliations & within accounting processes.
- Actively support the implementation of best practices within the department.
- Perform Process documentation for transitioned & existing work to ensure that our documentation of our processes and procedures is of a sufficient standard to support business continuity objectives.
- Prepare of monthly reconciliations & journals to ensuring high quality compliance with US GAAP and local GAAP standards.
- Work in compliance with US GAAP and local GAAP methods;
- Work in compliance with SOX requirements and actively support remediation of GAPs
- Work with managers to support & develop initiatives to manage the business
- Perform journal entries as required making sure the proper approval is acquired
Budgetary / Financial Accountability
- Accounts Payable, Accounts receivable, Treasury, Fixed Assets, Intercompany, Payroll and HR Management, Operations, Sales, IT, Internal Audit, Corporate reporting
- External Auditors adhoc, consultants in taxes adhoc
- Required Skills
- Three years of GL experience
- Accounting Degree (“Colegio Tecnico” degree), diploma or bachelor degree in progress for accounting, business administration or related career.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to do a high volume of work both accurately and timely
- Possibility of early start time for coverage of duties due to regional service provided
- Previous experience with banking reconciliations.
- SAP Experience.
- English fluently, Portuguese is considered as a plus.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and relational skills with multiple levels of management.
- Job Location
- Tres Ríos, Cartago, Costa Rica
- Position Type