Analyst I, AccountingApply Now Apply Later
Apply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
- The Analyst I, accounting reports to the GL Lead and is responsible for performing support on accounting tasks (preparation of low / intermediate complexity journal entries and input in the system of same, supporting documentation for accruals, detail of reserves, specific analysis, etc) and monthly reconciliation of different accounts.
- Reconcile (Fiscal/ USGAAP) accounts for the LA region.
- Support hands on the monthly reconciliation and accrual process for the LA region.
- Execute USGAAP reports for each country or SJO Shared service organization demands.
- Support LA Audit processes (Internal & External) information demands.
- Support of the resolution of issues / areas of concern within reconciliations and within accounting processes.
- Actively support the implementation of best practices within the department.
- Perform Process documentation for transitioned and existing work to ensure that our documentation of our processes and procedures is of a sufficient standard to support business continuity objectives.
- Prepare of monthly reconciliations and journals to ensuring high quality compliance with US GAAP and local GAAP standards.
- Work in compliance with US GAAP and local GAAP methods.
- Work in compliance with SOX requirements and actively support remediation of GAPs.
- Work with managers to support and develop initiatives to manage the business.
- Perform all associated balance sheet reconciliations.
- Perform journal entries as required making sure the proper approval is acquired.
- Update daily the exchange rate for each country for LA system (JDE/ SAP).
Budgetary / Financial Accountability
- Accounts Payable, Accounts receivable, Treasury, Fixed Assets, Intercompany, Payroll and HR Management, Operations, Sales, IT, Internal Audit, Corporate.reporting
- External Auditors adhoc, consultants in taxes adhoc.
- Required Skills
- Bachelor’s degree with major in accounting/finance; can be also “Colegio Tecnico” degree.
- Microsoft Office tools including Access, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to do a high volume of work both accurately and timely.
- Possibility of early start time for coverage of duties due to regional service provided.
- Intermediate-Advanced English level, Portuguese is considered as plus.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and relational skills with multiple levels of management.
- Required Experience
- Two years or more of accounting related experience.
- Previous experience with all GL related reconciliations.
- JDE/ SAP Experience.
- Job Location
- Tres Ríos, Cartago, Costa Rica
- Position Type