Internal Control and Tax AnalystApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
We, at H.B. Fuller embrace a shared set of beliefs and competencies that direct the way we operate and express our fundamental principles about how we will achieve success. We strive to hire talent that demonstrates our beliefs and our competencies.
The Internal Control Analyst role supports the Internal Control and Tax Manager in the fulfillment of the department responsibilities. This position is in charge of the review of the financial and operating policies according to the Sox framework, along with regular reviews of compliance on direct and indirect taxes declarations and legal statutory requirements by each LA legal entity. This position actively interact with all areas of the company.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Internal Control – COSO Sox Program: According to the SOX program there are several processes scheduled during the year whom need to be completed on time to ensure quarterly and annual Internal Control review based on COSO Framework, that information is reviewed by Corporate’s office before to sign off Financial Statements, financial integrity reports and any other legal related company’s processes.
- Set up quarterly certifications and ensure timely certification compliance according to the established due dates.
- Review SOX certifications, changes will be analyzed and communicated to the LA SOX Manager to coordinate the changes in the documentation of the control.
- SOX testing: ensure timely test compliance according to the deadline assigned. For testing non- passed and based on the remediation plan established, give follow up to the correction of the deficiencies.
- Weekly monitoring of testing performed, compliance and pending certifications and/or tests.
- Train testers, and persons who performed the different controls to ensure adherence to policies and constant review to mitigation of errors and/or deviation from company policies.
- Coordinate and support SOX documentation.
- Follow up on any deficiency and remediation plans.
- Train collaborators in the use of Aline Software and the correct executions of SOX controls.
- Develop and follow SOX controls in new entities.
- Support internal and external audits and follow up on the proper implementations of recommendations.
- Perform review of procedures, polices applied by different areas in order to determinate areas of risk.
- Provide a guidance to the current Delegation of Authority (DOA) users and department. Update the DOA matrix based on the changes in level or users.
Tax and Statutory Requirements:
Properly support tax compliance of taxes and related and regulatory requirements.
- Monthly tax accounts reconciliations, which includes investigation and resolution of differences.
- Responsible for tax compliance including preparing returns to ensure required due dates are comply.
- Support Tax Managers tax group on local country tax issues, audits and planning projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- LA Shared Service, internal and external auditors.
- Required Skills
- Accounting Bachelor
- SOX and internal control experience
- Knowledge of Costa Rica taxes
The candidate must be:
- 2-4 years of experience, in Internal Control, Taxes or Accounting,
- Accomplished in MS -Office, and SAP
- Analytical and financial skills.
- Comfortable interacting with all levels of the organization.
- Efficient, organized, and structured
- A results-oriented “do-er” who takes initiative and accepts accountability
- An excellent communicator, adept at working across functions and cultures.
- Languages Spanish and English, other languages an asset
- Demonstrates proficiency in the following competencies:
- Responsive to change – Adapts (quickly) to changing circumstances.
- Model collaboration and commitment – Focuses on team success before individual success.
- Accountability for Results – Translates goals/objectives into actionable plans and results and delivers to those plans.
- Job Location
- Tres Ríos, Cartago, Costa Rica
- Position Type