Payroll SupervisorApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The payroll supervisor reports directly to the Shared Services Manager. This position is responsible for the accurate and on time end result of the employee’s payment process. Will act as the main liaison between regional colleagues and processing group, resolving internal customer queries based on defined resolution procedures. Also will guarantee the accurateness of payroll records when posted in the accounting ledger
- Ability to clearly define roles and responsibilities for the different team members.
- Build, inspire and motivate the teams to raise the bar.
- Liaise with key business partners throughout LATAM region to coordinate/communicate processes, calendars and other activities related to the payroll process.
- Implementing and monitoring internal controls over input and output data of the Payroll systems.
- Coordinate cash funding process Treasury.
- Implement new systems or incorporate new locations as growth or acquisitions occur.
- Working with Senior Management partners on special projects as needed.
- Manage a team to be the best employee to employee customer service, including monitoring performance for key metrics.
- Review and assure accuracy of monthly payrolls prepared.
- Ensure all payroll policies are adhered to and any exceptions are approved (monitoring processes such as: records update, insurance changes, deductions, paid-time, over time vacation earned etc).
- Ensure that payroll data is processed correctly and in a timely manner by our outsourced payroll provider or internal organization depending upon process end state.
- Ensure payroll information accounting ledger posting accuracy.
- Ensure that payment is made to employees on time.
- Meets payroll operational standards by contributing information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying system improvements.
- Meets payroll financial standards by providing annual budget information; monitoring expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions.
- Act as main point of contact, for employees’ payroll related queries.
- Monitor Payroll third party provider performance based on pre-defined KPIs and targets, assuring that process agreed results are being met.
- Establishing working relationships with key HR representative in each location where operation takes place.
- Escalating issues to the appropriate level when required.
- Ensure the existence of detail and complete payroll process documentation, so as the proper update process conduction when required.
- Foster Payroll process standardization and best practice sharing along the region.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional forums.
- Support of the resolution of issues / areas of concern within reconciliations & within accounting processes.
- Prepare of monthly reconciliations & journals to ensuring high quality compliance with US GAAP and local GAAP standards.
- Work in compliance with SOX requirements and actively support remediation of GAPs.
- Prepare and review severance calculations and make sure this payments are accurate.
- Make back up plans to prevent service interruptions.
Budgetary / Financial Accountability
- Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Treasury, HR Management, Operations, Sales, IT, Internal Audit, Corporate reporting
- External Auditors.
- Required Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field.
- 6+ years finance related experience specific to payroll.
- Proven ability to hire and develop the best employees.
- Proven ability to deliver results, dive deep, invent and simplify, and insist on the highest standards.
- Proven ability to implement and execute the defined payroll strategy.
- Proven ability to meet tight deadline.
- Develop a professional payroll function which is scalable & flexible to meet the company needs.
- Ability to work in a metrics driven organization.
- SOX compliance experience.
- Strong knowledge of payroll and social security legislation and ability to ensure compliance with local legislation, tax and social security law.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations.
- Experience performing ad hoc analysis using advanced Excel including V-look ups, pivot tables, macros, and other complex functions.
- Experience running operations with high volume of transactional inputs and outputs.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including persuasive written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills to identify potential impact and implications of issues and takes appropriate action to avoid future recurrences.
- Solid organizational and project management skills.
- Knowledge of payroll laws in Latin America.
- Fluent in English & Portuguese.
- Job Location
- Tres Ríos, Cartago, Costa Rica
- Position Type