H.B. Fuller employees click here to apply for current openings.
Lab Technician I NA
Tucker, Georgia;Apply NowApply Later
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemicals across all industries throughout the world. While our products are virtually invisible, they play a vital role in ensuring the quality of modern life and we are committed to connecting what matters to solve some of the world's biggest adhesion challenges.
H.B. Fuller is a global Fortune 1000 company manufacturing adhesives, sealants and glue at our 35 manufacturing sites in the U.S. (and growing). Our products connect the world and hold together your everyday necessities including your cell phone, food packages, car and home!
Lab Technician I NA
Schedule: Weekdays - Second Shift 8hr 2pm-10pm and Weekends Night Shift 6pm-6am
Pay starting at $20.40/hr plus shift differential
What’s in it For You:
• Established path for next level opportunities, promotions, and wage increases - making this an opportunity for a long-term career path.
• Our excellent benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
FREE medical insurance coverage – all or a portion of your medical premiums will be reimbursed by the company
3 weeks paid vacation (increases to 4 weeks after 48 months of employment)
11 paid Holidays per year
Quarterly bonuses based on site performance
Competitive 401k, with up to 4% dollar-for-dollar company matching contributions, 1% automatic company contribution, and additional profit-sharing contribution.
Thrive in a company that values sustainability, drives a safety-focused culture, and has been recognized as one of the Most Responsible Companies in the world by Newsweek in 2020.
H.B. Fuller’s Hygiene, Health, and Consumables Adhesives segment provides high quality adhesive solutions used in such markets as disposable hygienic products, rigid and flexible packaging, tapes and labels, paper products, and much more. As consumer preferences and behaviors evolve, our team of market experts solve adhesive challenges that allow our customers to win in their markets.
• Execute and adhere to all EHS requirement as well as maintain a safe work environment and follow internal safety rules and procedures including wearing proper PPE as appropriate
• Participates in the general housekeeping of lab area
• Enters and back-up all QA data test results in SAP
• Maintains critical equipment and laboratory inventory supplies to support continuous uninterrupted QA lab support
• Maintains obsolete, expired, damaged & returned goods, off-spec and rejected material storage area for finished products to minimize waste generation
• Complies with company policies and procedures
• Collects time sensitive samples and retains inventory for raw materials and finished products
• Provides timely and accurate QA information to production and distribution such as proper documentation, communication of released material, and labeling of pallets that are rejected
• Completes, maintains and process all other pertinent paperwork and records
• Immediately notifies all affected personnel of any rejected batch/lot number prior to release of material
• Communicates all critical issues and problems concerning, QA, test equipment problems, schedule changes, and assignments to the facility technical manager
• Team player; volunteers to help where needed to get job done, and enhance skills
• Works with some direction and supervision of Sr. Lab Technicians and the facility technical
High School diploma or GED and up to 12 months as a laboratory Technician, or 2 year Community college or equivalent AA degree in chemistry or biochemistry, or 5 years of production experience in an HBF North American Adhesives plant
Ability to read and comprehend documents such as safety rules, Safety Data Sheets, batch sheets, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and work instructions
Ability to complete documentation correctly
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
Ability to apply practical understanding to daily situations and carry out written and / or oral instructions
Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
Demonstrated ability to provide positive leadership
Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, Access, and Word
Ability to stand, walk, climb stairs, use hands to remove or lift boxes, stretch and reach with arms extended, and stoop
Ability to regularly, lift and / or move up to 50 pounds, alone, and occasionally lift and / or move more than 100 pounds, with assistance
Experience in a controlled lab environment
Accountability for Results: Demonstrates a bias for action – translates goals and objectives into actionable plans and results
Fosters Change and Innovation: Seeks solutions that strengthen quality, value, service and effectiveness. Respectfully challenges the way “things are done” and supports others in doing so
Creates Value for Customers: Anticipates and responds to market trends and opportunities. Delivers on promises made
Experience with Brookfield viscometers, Gardner Color comparators, and/or Mettler Softening Point determination
Employees are eligible for full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid Holidays. This position may also qualify for medical reimbursement depending on the employee’s annual base salary. If qualified, H.B. Fuller will pay up to 100% of the employee’s medical premium. All employees qualify for an annual cash bonus, based on business performance. Annual raises are based on company and individual performance.
To all recruitment agencies: H.B. Fuller does not accept agency resumes unless directly engaged by Human Resources. Please do not forward any resumes to Human Resources or any employees. H.B. Fuller is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At H.B. Fuller, we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and are committed to providing all applicants and employees with equal employment opportunity. We subscribe to the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) policy of employing and promoting individuals based on their merits, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, or any other protected classification.
Recently Viewed Jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.