Process Engineer / Advanced EngineerApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemical products to improve products and lives. Our commitment to innovation brings together people, products and processes that answer and solve some of the world's biggest challenges. And, our promise to our people connects them with opportunities to innovate and thrive.
Location: Tucker, GA
The Process Engineer reports to Tucker, GA Plant Manager and has primary responsibility to apply both theoretical and practical engineering principles to provide guidance and leadership to regional process engineers, operations, and R&D personnel in areas of process design, capital execution, process improvement, and technology development.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Process improvement, new product introduction, technology transfer, process design, capital project support, equipment commissioning and startup, etc.
- Conducts routine chemical engineering calculations in unit operations analysis in support of adhesives manufacture and process development; assists higher level engineers by performing assigned phases of work in more complex engineering problems and innovative engineering solutions.
- Has the ability to analyze and interpret data; should be able to propose hypotheses as explanations of phenomena, and design experimental studies to test (disprove) these hypotheses.
- Will lead by example in the areas of safety improvement and the application of quality measures.
- Provides mentorship/coaching of junior engineering team members.
- Lead, facilitate and/or participate as an SME in structured problem solving methodologies (Six Sigma, 8D)
- Involved in training plant and operations personnel in new process technology, and write standard operating procedures for new equipment and process methods. Ensure proper design/safety review are conducted and proper management of change procedures are adhered.
- Leads research, feasibility studies and testing of new process technology. Participate in new product introductions and interplant technology transfers as needed.
- Work on improvements to existing processes to improve product and process quality by monitoring and conducting planned experimentation for critical to process parameters. Utilize structured problem solving methods to identify root causes and solutions for process problems.
- Performs product and process trials at manufacturing sites and is involved in process setup, equipment installation, testing, and report generation.
- Provides leadership in the planning of chemical process design and execution of capital expansion projects aligned with company goals. May include commissioning and documentation of new and existing facilities.
- BS Degree in Engineering field from an ABET accredited college required
- 5 + years practical process or applications engineering experience in industry
- Preferred Requirements include:
- PMP certification or demonstrated capital project management experience
- Knowledge of the adhesive industry (manufacturing processes, equipment, substrates, and chemistry)
- Knowledge of adhesive test methods and equipment
- Experience utilizing SAP
- Knowledge or coursework in application of statistical methods (DOE, EVOP) and application software (JMP, Minitab) to solve process problems
Employees are eligible for full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid Holidays. All employees qualify for an annual cash bonus, based on business performance. Annual raises are based on company and individual performance.
To all recruitment agencies: H.B. Fuller does not accept agency resumes unless directly engaged by Human Resources. Please do not forward any resumes to Human Resources or any employees. H.B. Fuller is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
- Required Skills
- Job Location
- Tucker, Georgia, United States
- Position Type
Recently Viewed Jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.