Advanced Process Development TechnicianApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemicals across all industries throughout the world. While our products are virtually invisible, they play a vital role in ensuring the quality of modern life and we are committed to connecting what matters to solve some of the world's biggest adhesion challenges.
Advanced Process Technician
Vadnais Heights, MN
Operate chemical process equipment to generate samples and semi-commercial quantities of new products. Work with Process Engineers to develop commercial processes for new products and improve existing process procedures.
- Follow all health, safety and environmental rules and regulations. Read and understand MSDS’ and choose proper protective equipment.
- Certified on two or more product types and associated process equipment.
- Provide back-up support for Sr. Process Development Technician in the areas of training and coordinating reactor room activities.
- Operate with reasonable level of independence.
- Produce and package semi-commercial quantities of new products as needed - typically 30%. Maintain high quality standard for all products.
- Generate samples of new products. Assist process engineers with developing commercial processes for new products, and improving existing processes.
- Operate computerized process control system, read and follow process procedures, observe and record process data.
- Perform standard and advanced QC tests on batches. Perform PRISM production reporting.
- Maintain clean and safe working environment. Keep process equipment and surrounding area clean. Keep raw materials and finished goods in the proper location.
- High safety / environmental awareness.
- Ability to wear half face or full face respirator
- Understand chemical process piping/flow systems
- Understand the different types of process pumps, valves and instrumentation
- High Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to handle 55 gallon drums and 55 pound bags
- Solid oral and written communication skills
- Computer literate
- High School Diploma or GED
Understanding of chemical process and equipment with at least 5 years working in pilot plant or chemical manufacturing operations, especially operating chemical reactors, compounding, or mixing; lab technician experience, including following test methods; mechanical proficiency; science and engineering coursework.
Experience working with internal and external customers around the specific process/equipment assigned.
One year of college chemistry can be substituted for 3 years of chemical industry experience.
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
- Required Skills
- Job Location
- Vadnais Heights, Minnesota, United States
- Position Type