Area Technical Manager IIApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemical products to improve products and lives. Our commitment to innovation brings together people, products and processes that answer and solve some of the world's biggest challenges. And, our promise to our people connects them with opportunities to innovate and thrive.
Area Technical Manager II
Location: Virtual-ideally WI
Experienced Technical Support Sales Manager from Flexible Packaging and/or Chemical Industry
The Area Technical Manager II reports to the Flex Pack Business Director. The FAM II provides technical and sales support to customers in the U.S.A. and Canada, supporting existing business and identifying and supporting new business. The ATM II will work closely with sales and owns the technical relationships. The ATM II is expected to be reactive on complaints and issue resolution. The ATMII should spend a significant part of their time (60%) on proactively delivering valued services to minimize erosion at their Top 10 Existing accounts and maximize rapid new business closure at Top 10 Target accounts.
Provides technical and sales support to Business customers including both new and existing business with a focus on Platinum customers i.e.;
- Customer and internal training, information/application guides.
- Implement and practice Value quantification best practices on every customer visit.
- Customer demos including Pre-demo plans and support followed with internal and external documentation.
- Troubleshooting and problem solving at the customer
- Product recommendations from core product lists to new and existing customers.
- Technical service work tracking, coordination at WL and written customer reports
- Customer calls, with or without sales, to further Fuller’s opportunities for closing and maintaining business – with a clear objective for each visit.
- Identify and support new business.
- Identify and support the innovation pipeline for product line evolution.
- Support to Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) where appropriate.
- Competitive intelligence and market intelligence.
- Customer audits.
- BS in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering & 8 + or more years of technical expertise.
- 5 + years of experience leading large, territory based cross-functional project teams with demonstrated success and significant business impact, including projects with patentable or proprietary innovations.
- 5 + years of proven success in implementation of technical platforms. Ideation leading to IP opportunity assessment. Has developed a body of IP innovation. Able to map area of expertise to identify opportunities. Commercialization leader.
- 5 + years of experience analyzing complex adhesive and application related issues. Resolve issues in a comprehensive fashion meeting H.B. Fuller’s (HBF) business strategy and customer needs. ability to make appropriate product recommendations that align with customer needs and HBF business strategy
- 5 + years of experience as a mentor to Field Application Specialists. Coaching and mentoring on DOE, value quantification, and statistical tools.
Employees receive full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid Holidays. All employees qualify for an annual cash bonus, based on business performance. Annual raises are based on company and individual performance.
To all recruitment agencies: H.B. Fuller does not accept agency resumes unless directly engaged by Human Resources. Please do not forward any resumes to Human Resources or any employees. H.B. Fuller is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities
- Job Location
- Vadnais Heights, Minnesota, United States
- Position Type