Business Development Manager IApply NowApply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemical products to improve products and lives. Our commitment to innovation brings together people, products and processes that answer and solve some of the world's biggest challenges. And, our promise to our people connects them with opportunities to innovate and thrive.
H.B. Fuller’s Engineering Adhesives segment develops adhesive solutions for the automotive and aerospace, wood and composite, electronics and energy, glass, durable assembly, and bus, truck, rail and recreational vehicle industries. As these dynamic markets continue to change, and consumers demand lighter, safer, greener and more reliable products, we partner with our customers to deliver highly engineered solutions.
Business Development Manager
Experienced Business Development Manager for Global Electronics (BDM) will be responsible for growing an electronics adhesives business by developing and implementing sales and marketing plans that capture new business and expand existing business at major multinational electronics customers. The BDM will succeed in gaining market share and achieving profit goals.
The BDM is directly responsible for elevating our partnerships with key accounts through a deep understanding and application of value selling methodologies; understanding the customer’s business; defining the customer requirements, managing the relationship; and adding value to their offerings. The BDM will work with the Global Business Director to set and achieve sales targets, improve market share, implement pricing strategies, control expenses, and deliver technical/application services across a global system. The BDM for Global Electronics will drive sales by setting up and making sales calls at both the multinational OEM in the Silicon Valley area and their subcontractors typically located in China.
This position is home-based in the in San Jose, California area and reports to the Global Segment Manager.
• Make frequent sales calls to both the key account(s) assigned and their subcontractors. Develop strong personal and interactive relationships with key personnel across multiple functions at assigned accounts and their subcontractors. The ability to develop and provide value to a vast array of teams including product development teams, manufacturing teams, operations teams, and GSMs is required.
• Be the focal point of information for H.B. Fuller regarding the assigned key account(s)’ growth strategies, new products and corresponding opportunities for adhesive sales. Identify all relevant product development/ material needs.
• Develop a growth plan for the assigned key account(s) that identifies the key programs we are targeting, our value proposition, internal resources needed to close, external relationship strategy, and clear product requirements.
• Develop strong, personal and interactive working relationships with the H.B. Fuller electronics teams (US and Asia based), with key account subcontractors (mostly Asia based) and co-suppliers to drive global plan execution.
• Monitor and communicate progress against growth plan.
• Act as a liaison with R&D teams, providing feedback about current and future customer needs.
• Provide functional expertise to the management of the product line, including value pricing support, marketing communications, and content development.
• Leads the new product and technology introduction process/strategy. Coordinates between R&D, commercial, and manufacturing teams for successful platform product launches.
• Provides leadership to ensure that all new technology innovations / intellectual property is protected and appropriately defended in the marketplace.
• Become a focal point for and direct global teams to drive growth plans. This includes managing the customer qualification process globally by working with and managing transitions in the sales process across regions and functions as projects move from project conception to technical validation of a solution, to mass production in the region.
• BS or BA in Science, Engineering, Chemistry, Marketing, Business, or related degree
• 5+ years’ experience in electronics adhesives applications and customers.
• 8 + years of related experience and demonstrated application knowledge in the chemical industry or related fields.
• Demonstrated customer relationship management skills and ability to collaborate effectively with various functional groups and cross-culturally
• Must have a working knowledge of the typical multinational consumer electronics OEM development cycle and operations strategy.
• Global or multi-regional experience.
• Ability to work on extremely complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangible variance factors.
• Must clearly demonstrate superior communication, interpersonal, influencing and presentation skills, with the ability to interact with key decision makers at all levels at both customers and internal management including executive levels.
• Demonstrated ability to quickly prioritize and operate in a flexible, fluid environment.
• Must be willing and able to travel over 50% of the time both domestically and globally with a particular willingness to spend time in China.
• Demonstrates proficiency in the following competencies:
Innovation – Leveraging possibility thinking in creating new value for customers
Accountability – Delivering excellence through personal motivation and engagement
Performance Excellence – Elevating the performance bar and delivering on commitments with high-quality solutions
Change and Risk-Taking – Working toward our future, altering the course as needed and balancing risks and rewards in making decisions
Customer Focus – Understanding customer needs and delivering superior solutions with passion
Teamwork – Encouraging collaboration, trust, and cooperation among and within workgroups
• MBA preferred.
• Scientific / technical background and expertise
Employees are eligible for full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid holidays.All employees also qualify for an annual cash bonus, based on business performance. Annual raises are rewarded based on company and individual performance.
To all recruitment agencies: H.B. Fuller does not accept agency resumes unless directly engaged by Human Resources. Please do not forward any resumes to Human Resources or any employees. H.B. Fuller is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
- Job Location
- Vadnais Heights, Minnesota, United States
- Position Type
Recently Viewed Jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.