Business Financial Analyst, Engineering AdhesivesApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemicals across all industries throughout the world. While our products are virtually invisible, they play a vital role in ensuring the quality of modern life and we are committed to connecting what matters to solve some of the world's biggest adhesion challenges.
Business Financial Analyst, Engineering Adhesives Division
H.B. Fuller is seeking an experienced Business Financial Analyst to be part of this growing global business. The Business Financial Analyst will report directly to the Engineering Adhesives (EA) Finance Business Partner and works closely with the EA business segments in the Americas – especially subsidiaries Engent and General Industries. This position can be based in St. Paul, MN or the Chicago, IL area. This position supports growth in sales and profitability by providing financial support and analytical insight to business leaders for managing and making decisions, planning and understanding actual business results. This includes day to day support for unusual transactions and business monitoring, variance analysis, data management (mining, analysis and reporting), budget & outlook assistance, product cost review and process improvement. The Business Financial Analyst collaborates closely with EA business and functional leaders, Operations and other finance professionals throughout the HB Fuller organization.
The Business Financial Analyst will have responsibilities including accounting support for divisions within Engineering Adhesives, business partner support, and special projects.
Engent & General Industries Accounting Support
Provides support for business specific processes and controls for Engineering Adhesives manufacturing in North America.
- Validates products costs generated by the systems accurately reflect the value of the materials at month end.
- Monitors the General Ledger on a weekly basis for appropriate recording of transactions including product cost roll ups.
- Performs commission calculations that involve data investigation and business follow up.
- Manages the dedicated Manex system resources to ensure maximum efficiencies and availability of information for the Engent business.
- Reviews and approves or recommends action on finance requests pertaining to the business from the shared service groups for credit memos, accounts payable invoices, and ad hoc finance activities requiring business insights.
- Collaborates with the shared service groups to close the books at month end and ensure transactions are appropriately recorded. Performs variance analysis and investigates results that do not line up with expectations. Follows up on any corrections and long term root-cause resolution needed.
- Identifies discrepancies with HBF standard practices and re-aligns processes for consistent reporting of results
Business Partnering Support for Americas EA Businesses
- Provides value-added analysis of the financial results and summary level information to allow the leadership team to make informed and prudent business decisions to improve the financial performance of the business segments.
- Develops and executes appropriate processes targeted at accurate and timely data management and analysis. This includes both the data mining aspect of getting the right information, doing the analysis of the data, and delivering it to the business partners to use in their role with the business and functional leaders. This includes financial and non-financial information.
- Assists with the preparation of Outlook & Budget information, rollup, consolidation and reporting (includes prep-meetings and report generation).
- Tracks synergy activities across regions and business units to compile a complete view of Engineering Adhesives revenue and gross margin activity.
- Creates other reports as needed to assist with business review.
- Works with business leadership team to improve processes and gain efficiencies.
- BA, BS, or higher level degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- 5+ years of experience in accounting and/or financial analysis; including 3+ years of finance process and system management.
- Experience with SAP and Adaptive is preferred.
- Must have a pro-active approach, with a desire for continuous improvement.
- Experience in designing and implementing strong processes and systems in complex organizations.
- Ability to travel up to 25% – Engent is located near Atlanta, GA and the General Industries business is based near Chicago, IL. Onsite support is expected on a regular basis.
- Role can be based in St. Paul, MN or the Chicago, IL area.
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities
- Job Location
- Vadnais Heights, Minnesota, United States
- Position Type