Finance Business PartnerApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemical products to improve products and lives. Our commitment to innovation brings together people, products and processes that answer and solve some of the world's biggest challenges. And, our promise to our people connects them with opportunities to innovate and thrive.
Location: St. Paul, MN
This Finance Business Partner position has direct involvement and analytical responsibility for assigned business segments in the Engineering Adhesives segment for H.B. Fuller.
The primary objective of this position is to optimize business financial results and revenue development by proactively monitoring financial trends and key performance metrics and responding with value-added analysis to facilitate decision making. This position is an active contributor to the development of overall business strategies and the day-to-day operations of the businesses. Specific activities include commercial analysis, operational reviews, pricing, financial planning and forecasting, support of strategic initiatives, insight for customer contracts and negotiations, business expansion and providing value-added financial insight to the business leaders. The successful candidate will use their knowledge of the business and finance to coach, collaborate, and challenge their business partner while providing unique insights through use of established analytics, reporting and information processes.
The primary areas of responsibility for this role include Direct Commercial Analysis; Forecasting, Budgeting, Operations Review and Strategic Planning Support; and other projects.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide insightful analysis of the details and summary level information to allow the commercial leadership team to make informed and prudent business decisions to improve the financial performance of the business unit.
- Deliver comprehensive analysis of the financial results and key metrics of the business unit to leadership about the status of the business with respective comparisons to budget, prior year and outlooks
- Understand the impact of unusual items that skew the interpretation of the true financial performance
- Investigate results that do not line up with expectations and follow up on any corrections and long term root cause resolution needed.
- Breakdown the performance by relevant business unit, end market, or customer class to provide insights into the business
- Provide clear and concise conclusions of the financial review of the business to the leadership team
- Commercial contract support; key point person to facilitate, coordinate and execute all commercial contracts (supply, consignment, equipment, rebate, index, change notifications, etc.); collaborate with the sales organization, legal group, credit department, and others as necessary. Also coordinate with the legal department on customer claim or settlement activity.
- Provide analytical support to business leadership to enable the team to effectively manage pricing actions for all customers of the business units supported; monitor raw material outlook and price realization to understand extent of pricing actions required to achieve budgeted contribution margin percentage.
- Provide all financial modeling support for all innovations of the business units supported as required by the innovation stage gate process
- Collaborate with business leadership team to develop a financial outlook (forecast) for each business unit supported (updated monthly/quarterly); focus on outlook accuracy and determining the most likely scenario for the balance of the year; accounting for changes in raw material costs, pricing actions, changes in market share, changes in end-market conditions, etc.
- Collaborate with business leadership team to develop a financial budget for each business unit supported (in conjunction with Financial Planning & Analysis); ensure the team understands where and how the business unit is expected to grow (price, new business, erosion, market growth, etc.); commitment (along with the business unit director) to deliver the budget commitment every year for each business unit supported (revenue, operating income, and operating income margin)
- Evaluate business performance to ensure consistency with business unit long-term strategic plan and the overall corporate strategy
- Evaluate and provide analysis on the financial impact of proposed business activities (e.g. business acquisitions/divestitures, capital expenditures, sales programs, etc.) on the business unit and provide guidance on best course of action to the business unit director(s)
- Develop financial models for specific situations and purposes (e.g. customer profitability, manufacturing arbitrage, vendor performance, etc.) to provide support for decision making
- Create tools to enable the financial evaluation of special projects/circumstances facing the business units, collaborating globally and across peers to drive consistency and best practices
- Coach business leader and others on the leadership team to increase their financial acumen
- BA or BS degree required with strong background in finance/business management discipline.
- 3+ years of experience in finance or accounting (Financial Planning & Analysis, Accounting, Corporate Finance, Commercial Finance, Treasury)
- 5+ years of experience in financial analysis supporting a business unit.
- Prior experience with joint P&L responsibility for a business unit.
- Highly proficient in the use of the Microsoft Excel; solid proficiency in the other Microsoft Office suite (Power Point, Word).
- Ability to travel up to 20% on average (primarily from Minneapolis/St. Paul to a variety of US manufacturing locations)
Employees are eligible for full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid holidays. This position may also qualify for medical reimbursement depending on the employee’s annual base salary. If qualified, H.B. Fuller will pay up to 100% of the employee’s medical premium. All employees also qualify for an annual cash bonus, based on business performance. Annual raises are rewarded based on company and individual performance.
To all recruitment agencies: H.B. Fuller does not accept agency resumes unless directly engaged by Human Resources. Please do not forward any resumes to Human Resources or any employees. H.B. Fuller is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
- Job Location
- Vadnais Heights, Minnesota, United States
- Position Type