Finance Manager SG&A; St. Paul, MNApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemicals across all industries throughout the world. While our products are virtually invisible, they play a vital role in ensuring the quality of modern life and we are committed to connecting what matters to solve some of the world's biggest adhesion challenges.
Finance Manager – SG&A; St. Paul, MN
H.B. Fuller is seeking an experienced Finance Manager- SG&A, to support the annual financial planning and management reporting processes. This position supports growth in sales and profitability by providing processes and systems to give analytical insight to business leaders for managing and making decisions, planning and understanding actual business results. The Finance Manager, SG&A collaborates closely with finance leaders, divisional FP&A teams and business partners for all global administrative, sourcing and operations functions to support and drive business growth.
This position collaborates indirectly with all regional FP&A managers throughout the organization. This role does not have direct reports.
The Finance Manager will have responsibilities involving financial reporting, forecasting, and analysis, business partnership, and continuous improvement.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Financial Reporting, Forecasting and Analysis (65%)
- Support and enable the corporate financial planning and reporting process at H.B. Fuller including monthly forecasting, reporting and operating review processes along with the annual budget and strategy cycles.
- Manage the monthly forecast process of SG&A including analytical tools and presentations to further enhance business insights. Must demonstrate analytical prowess, strategic thinking and a command of the details.
- Finance business partner for global functional leaders such as HR, IT and Finance.
- Monitor ongoing results against the budget to ensure growth and alignment with the business strategy.
- Develop standardized management reporting, performance indicators and dashboards for the major functional areas in collaboration with the Finance Systems team.
- Serve as a strong partner with the financial business partners, business leaders and operational accounting roles serving as a key information bridge.
- Provide monthly variance analysis and signals key messages from the data.
- Utilize, assist in development and administer advanced delivery tools for reporting and information.
Business Partnership (15%)
- Work closely with Divisional Finance leaders and FP&A teams throughout the organization to effectively lead the H.B. Fuller annual strategy, planning and reporting cycle.
- The finance analyst/manager will play a critical role in collaborating and partnering with the business finance partners to understand SG&A assumptions by business segment and region.
Continuous Improvement (20%)
- Hold self and others accountable for forecast accuracy, continuous improvement and delivering results.
- Supports continuous improvement of budget and forecast processes to allow faster response and a deeper level of analysis.
- Suggests process improvement ideas to reduce finance business process cycle times, improve financial forecast quality, and enhance information provided to leadership for business decisions.
- Own and drive process improvements around corporate allocation methodology.
- Bachelor’s degree in related area (Accounting, Finance, Business, etc.) required: MBA preferred, and CPA or CFA preferred.
- 8+ years of experience in accounting and/or financial analysis; 3+ years of finance management experience.
- Based in St. Paul, MN.
- Experience in financial reporting, forecasting, and planning, ideally with prior experience working in a Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis team at the individual contributor or manager level.
- Strong knowledge of accounting, financial analysis, and commercial finance concepts.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills, sound business judgment and support a collaborative working style.
- Possess excellent analytical skills to ensure accurate preparation and reporting of financial results.
- Experience in designing and implementing strong processes and systems in complex organizations with an emphasis on continuous improvement.
- Fluent in English.
- Preferred Qualifications include: Experience with Hyperion Financial Management, Adaptive Planning, and Business Intelligence tools; and Multiple language skills preferred, Spanish or Portuguese a plus.
- Travel 10- 20% at times.
For more information and to apply, go to:
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities
- Required Experience
- Job Location
- Vadnais Heights, Minnesota, United States
- Position Type