Financial Analyst - Financial Planning & Analysis; St. Paul, MNApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemical products to improve products and lives. Our commitment to innovation brings together people, products and processes that answer and solve some of the world's biggest challenges. And, our promise to our people connects them with opportunities to innovate and thrive.
Location: St. Paul, MN
The Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) analyst is mainly responsible for supporting H.B. Fuller’s management reporting and review processes by providing standardized management reporting tools/templates, performance indicators and dashboards for the corporation. This individual will have a key role with respect to annual planning, quarterly outlook and monthly forecasting processes including using planning and analytical tools and making presentations to further enhance business insights. The Corporate FP&A analyst will also support functional leaders for management reporting and forecasting. The Corporate FP&A analyst collaborates closely with Finance leaders, divisional FP&A teams and business partners to support and drive business growth.
The Financial Analyst has responsibilities that include Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), managing corporate selling, general and administrative (SG&A) expenses and other projects.
Financial Planning & Analysis (50%)
- Prepare monthly reporting decks including monthly financial statements and presentations required for the Board of Directors and executive committee meetings;
- Develop standardized management reporting tools/templates, performance indicators and dashboards for the corporation and major functional areas in collaboration with the Finance Systems team. Stabilize and improve monthly reporting, while driving clarity and confidence in information.
- Conduct variance analysis to provide further insights to financial performance and support business growth initiatives.
- Play a key role in corporate financial planning and reporting process including monthly forecasting, reporting and operating review processes along with the annual planning and strategy cycles.
- Play a key role in coordinating annual budgeting process by developing key deliverables, providing guidelines and communicate deadlines to finance partners.
- Establish thorough understanding of H.B. Fuller financial reporting and planning systems including Hyperion Financial Management, Adaptive Insights and Business Intelligence, etc. Become an expert in using those tools to develop standard management reports and conduct ad hoc analysis.
- Become an expert in Financial Planning tools (Adaptive Insights) and support the administration function of this tool to allow reporting and planning capabilities for the finance organization.
- Collaborate and serve as a strong partner with the business financial partners, regional FP&A teams, business partners and operational accounting roles throughout the organization.
Corporate SG&A (30%)
- Prepares monthly functional reports to the respective functional owners and/or finance business partners to review and approve the variances and act as a finance business partner for those functions.
- Ensures a timely and accurate consolidation and completion of Budget, Outlook and other forecasting requests in the specific area of Operating Expenses.
- Support reporting and planning for corporate function.
Continuous Improvement (20%)
- This position will play a key role in collaboration within the global finance function and broader H.B. Fuller community to implement standardized global processes to leverage efficiency and improve effectiveness.
- Support to implement process improvements to reduce finance business process cycle times, improve financial forecast quality, and enhance information provided to leadership for business decisions.
This position will also support and help improve current and future financial modeling.
- Bachelor’s degree in related area (Accounting, Finance, Business, etc.).
- 5+ years of experience in accounting and/or financial analysis, ideally with prior experience working in a Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis team at a multinational organization.
- Broad professional experience using consolidation tools (preferably Hyperion/HFM) and strong capabilities in Excel
- Significant experience with Management Information Systems, Business Analysis and Financial Planning Processes
- Project management skills
- Experience in successful process and system improvement initiatives
- Strong communication skills
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- CPA designation a plus.
- Experience with Hyperion Financial Management, Adaptive Planning, and Business Intelligence tools.
- Multiple language skills preferred. Spanish, Portuguese or Chinese a plus.
NOTE: Relocation Assistance will not be provided for this role. Local candidates will be given priority.
Employees are eligible for full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid holidays. This position may also qualify for medical reimbursement depending on the employee’s annual base salary. If qualified, H.B. Fuller will pay up to 100% of the employee’s medical premium. All employees also qualify for an annual cash bonus, based on business performance. Annual raises are rewarded based on company and individual performance.
To all recruitment agencies: H.B. Fuller does not accept agency resumes unless directly engaged by Human Resources. Please do not forward any resumes to Human Resources or any employees. H.B. Fuller is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
- Job Location
- Vadnais Heights, Minnesota, United States
- Position Type