Global Technology Director - HygieneApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemicals across all industries throughout the world. While our products are virtually invisible, they play a vital role in ensuring the quality of modern life and we are committed to connecting what matters to solve some of the world's biggest adhesion challenges.
Global Technical Director of Hygiene
Corporate headquarters-Vadnais Heights
The Global Technology Director, Hygiene Platform reports to the Chief Technology Officer. The Director is also the technical representative to the Hygiene commercial business. The position is located at the company’s corporate headquarters in Vadnais Heights, MN.
The Director will lead the Hygiene Platform R&D efforts from opportunity identification through scale-up and commercialization. The Director will be responsible for the development and commercialization of new products for both new and existing applications. This role will work closely with the global technology directors, as well as sales, marketing, procurement and operations to set global and regional priorities for product translation, development and commercialization, to develop strategies for greater market penetration, and to identify opportunities to expand our market reach to complimentary products that add value to our current product offerings.
Responsibilities will include; Define and implement the global strategy for the Hygiene product portfolio consistent with the global business strategy, increasing the profitability of existing products, as well as translating, developing and commercializing new, high-value products for both new and existing applications. Includes overall responsibility for the following R&D activities for the regional technology labs and personnel:
- Research and develop new and innovative technologies, products and processes using the product development process.
- Maintaining and operating an effective and safe lab environment.
- Assuring that the labs are focused on the highest priority projects.
- Assuring the use of the global standard processes for projects (i.e., Stage Gate).
- Assuring a good balance of development, Product Line Extension (PLE), platform, scouting and innovation projects. Coordinating the activities of the regional labs with laboratory personnel globally.
- Develop and follow a solid intellectual property strategy
- Assuring a smooth transition of development work from lab to manufacturing plant by following the scale-up and commercialization processes.
- Assuring that products and laboratory processes meet regulatory and environmental compliance requirements
Act as chief technical liaison and advisor to the Technology and Innovation Leadership team, Global Hygiene Leadership Team, and outside Industry associations
- Develop insights into needs of Hygiene business and facilitate commercial/technical contacts to accelerate programs.
- Maintain strong links with the marketing and sourcing teams to ensure both global and regional programs are coordinated with the R&D team.
- Serve as the H.B. Fuller technical representative for industry association liaison such as INDA and EDANA
Support M&A efforts, including technical due diligence, technology translation and integration to existing portfolio.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related technical field
- 12+ years’ experience in adhesives or related specialty chemicals industry.
- 10+ years’ experience in product development in a laboratory environment.
- 5+ years’ experience as a supervisor or project team leader
- An advanced technical degree is highly desirable
- Developmental expertise in one of the company’s core technologies of hot melt, waterbase or reactive chemistries
- Marketing or sales experience preferred
- German and/or one other language skills.
Employees receive full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid Holidays. All employees qualify for an annual cash bonus, based on business performance. Annual raises are based on company and individual performance.
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities
- Job Location
- Vadnais Heights, Minnesota, United States
- Position Type