IT Senior Network EngineerApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemical products to improve products and lives. Our commitment to innovation brings together people, products and processes that answer and solve some of the world's biggest challenges. And, our promise to our people connects them with opportunities to innovate and thrive.
The IT Senior Network Engineer I reports to the Network Services Manager, and has primary responsibility in the support of the global network and internal systems infrastructure. The IT Senior Network Engineer I typically builds, configures, upgrades, and repairs the switches, routers, QOS/Acceleration, VPN, monitoring, and other network software and services. In addition, the IT Senior Network Engineer I will be responsible for troubleshooting capacity and availability issues, various moves/adds/changes, software installation and configuration, participate in project activities and performance tuning of the environment.
This individual will be involved in a variety network areas within the global Information Technology department. Frequent communication with H.B. Fuller staff in all regions is expected for troubleshooting, performance tuning, and project activity. The IT Network Engineer will also be expected to work through trouble tickets with internal and external partner vendors in the support of our global Infrastructure. There is an on-call expectation for this role.
Systems Support [60%]
- Primary responsibility for multiple keys areas of network implementation, deployment and support technologies related to network platforms including Cisco networks, Cisco IP Telephony Ipanema, Accelops, and others.
- Research appropriate technology and product offerings
- Assist with configuration and implementation deployments for technologies, upgrades, and architectural changes.
- This is an engineering role also accountable for change control, configuration management and CMDB accuracy, and internal support processes improvement or automation.
- There is also an on-call requirement for this position.
Project Activity [30%]
- Consult with network engineers, business and systems analysts, infrastructure, security engineers and desk side support in assigned projects to identify user needs and project task requirements.
- Serve as lead network engineer for small to medium activities.
- Project activity may require some travel.
- Prepare documentation for the systems, scripts, procedures in accordance with department and corporate standards.
- Prepare and submit project status and/or other reports to the Project Manager or Network Manager as required.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with global users and technical peers.
- Required Skills
- 5 years of on-the-job experience including
- General network fundamentals
- Router and switch configuration and interface changes
- Monitoring events and conditions on various network hardware and software including Security information and event management (SIEM)
- VPN configurations and usage
- Firewalls and DMZ architecture
- Thorough understanding of OSI model
- Understands key business process issues and their relationship to technology common to any company of similar size and complexity as H.B. Fuller.
- Detailed technical knowledge sufficient to independently identify and diagnose system malfunctions, bots, and other malware issues
- General infrastructure and PC fundamentals
- Windows operating system (Windows, Windows server, Linux, VMWare) expertise
- Cisco IOS (interfaces, configuration, routing, QOS, …;)
- Cisco CCENT, CCNA certifications
- Various protocol knowledge (SIP, Telnet, HTTP, SSL, PPP, WLAN, CDP …;)
Employees are eligible for full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid holidays. This position may also qualify for medical reimbursement depending on the employee’s annual base salary. If qualified, H.B. Fuller will pay up to 100% of the employee’s medical premium. All employees also qualify for an annual cash bonus, based on business performance. Annual raises are rewarded based on company and individual performance.
To all recruitment agencies: H.B. Fuller does not accept agency resumes unless directly engaged by Human Resources. Please do not forward any resumes to Human Resources or any employees. H.B. Fuller is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
- Job Location
- Vadnais Heights, Minnesota, United States
- Position Type