Lab TechnicianApply NowApply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemical products to improve products and lives. Our commitment to innovation brings together people, products and processes that answer and solve some of the world's biggest challenges. And, our promise to our people connects them with opportunities to innovate and thrive.
H.B. Fuller’s Engineering Adhesives segment develops adhesive solutions for the automotive and aerospace, wood and composite, electronics and energy, glass, durable assembly, and bus, truck, rail and recreational vehicle industries. As these dynamic markets continue to change, and consumers demand lighter, safer, greener and more reliable products, we partner with our customers to deliver highly engineered solutions.
St. Paul, MN
The Lab Technician must be able to perform complex laboratory tasks and procedures accurately and expeditiously. The position will involve synthesizing and testing laboratory samples and using or developing suitable application methods to develop and qualify products for project requirements. The person will also assist in pilot plant scale-up trials to support the development and introduction of new products and/or new applications. The person may also troubleshoot customer problems, recommend customer process modifications to improve application properties. The person may also qualify raw material substitutes and manufacturing concerns. The position requires you to have the ability to work under minimal direction in a fast-paced environment. This position includes working to be proficient in various testing methodologies used for characterizing adhesives for different applications within a short period of time.
Additional responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Prepare and synthesize experimental samples aimed at meeting project/market/customer requirements. Samples are tested using standard analytical/physical testing techniques.
- Test results are accurately documented and executed using project management methodologies.
- Prepare adhesive samples utilizing lab equipment including glass reactors and high-speed mixing and dispersing equipment.
- Accepting package deliveries and managing samples.
- Maintaining laboratory instrumentation, organization, and cleanliness.
- Filing and retrieving documents.
- Utilizing Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point.
- Demonstrating manual dexterity and consistency in sample preparation and performing tests.
- Fulfilling tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Appreciating and adhering to company safety policies and quality systems.
- Combination of at least two years of college chemistry AND/OR years of Industrial Laboratory experience, the sum or which totals 4 years, with a high school diploma - OR -2 year Vo-Tech certificate in Laboratory Technology plus 2 years of Industrial Laboratory experience
- Demonstrated ability to complete complex laboratory tasks and to conduct scientific studies per established routines
- Requires ability to push or pull at least 50 pounds
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Must be highly motivated and enjoy learning new tasks
- Experience with reactive adhesives chemistries (Epoxies, Polyurethanes, Acrylates, Silicones)
- Previous experience working with adhesives and/or production equipment, such as high-speed mixing equipment
- Aptitude with instrumentation
Employees are eligible for full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid holidays. All employees also qualify for an annual cash bonus, based on business performance. Annual raises are rewarded based on company and individual performance.
To all recruitment agencies: H.B. Fuller does not accept agency resumes unless directly engaged by Human Resources. Please do not forward any resumes to Human Resources or any employees. H.B. Fuller is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
- Job Location
- Vadnais Heights, Minnesota, United States
- Position Type
Recently Viewed Jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.