Legal Counsel; St. Paul, MNApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemical products to improve products and lives. Our commitment to innovation brings together people, products and processes that answer and solve some of the world's biggest challenges. And, our promise to our people connects them with opportunities to innovate and thrive.
The Legal Counsel I - Transactional has responsibility for assisting the business and Law Department with global transactional legal matters affecting the Company. The successful candidate will have 3-5 years of corporate legal experience, either in a law firm, as in-house counsel or a combination thereof. The candidate should be a legal professional capable of collaborating with various legal and business stakeholders and advising the business on day-to-day transactional matters. This will include managing outside counsel and agents serving as the key legal support for various transactional matters, including but not limited to confidentiality agreements, distribution agreements, equipment agreements, supply agreements and customer agreements. May provide advice relating to one or more of the following: advertising and marketing law, intellectual property licensing and development, antitrust law, data protection law, corporate governance, subsidiary management, SEC (’34 Act) requirements. The position reports to the Assistant General Counsel.
Contract Drafting and Review (65%)
Under minimal attorney supervision, draft, review and provide advice on various transactional matters, including review of customer agreements, supplier agreements, distribution agreements, equipment agreements, consulting agreements, intellectual property licensing and joint development agreements, and other transactional matters. Draft company form confidentiality agreements and review of third-party confidentiality agreements protecting the company’s intellectual property, including advising internal clients about options regarding alternative form language, form of contract which is appropriate (one way or two way agreement, consulting agreement), etc. Utilize, maintain and provide training regarding the confidentiality agreement request and review process to all levels within the company. Develop and present training on transactional matters.
Under the supervision of the Assistant General Counsel, review and advise on various SEC matters, filings and requirements, including Form 8-Ks, Section 16 filings, Form S-8s, Form SD and CMR, etc. Review and advise on various other matters including subsidiary matters, set up and dissolution of entities globally, intercompany agreements, corporate governance, corporate policies and processes, global data protection laws.
Other duties in the Law Department, as requested.
Some responsibilities require in office availability. Availability outside of normal U.S. working hours is required for some responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent level of relevant experience.
- Admitted as a lawyer in at least one state (MN preferred).
- Minimum three (3) to five (5) years of transactional legal experience, including contract/Confidential Disclosure Agreement drafting.
- Significant experience with general contract drafting and review
- Familiarity with domestic/international trademark searching, clearance, filings, prosecution and docketing.
- Working knowledge of research databases: Westlaw or Lexis/Nexis and the Internet.
- Extensive knowledge of computer-based systems used to manage workload and records, including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, SharePoint, and PowerPoint software.
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to comprehend new and/or changing laws and regulations and work with Law Department attorneys to develop procedures to comply with requirements.
- Ability to manage numerous matters simultaneously under deadline pressure.
- Prepares and presents legal training
- Anticipates training needs of clients and schedules training to close gaps.
- Trains peers in area of expertise.
- Presentation and PowerPoint skills
- Spanish or Portuguese language and legal skills preferred.
- Corporate governance and SEC (’34 Act) experience
Employees are eligible for full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid holidays. This position may also qualify for medical reimbursement depending on the employee’s annual base salary. If qualified, H.B. Fuller will pay up to 100% of the employee’s medical premium. All employees also qualify for an annual cash bonus, based on business performance. Annual raises are rewarded based on company and individual performance.
To all recruitment agencies: H.B. Fuller does not accept agency resumes unless directly engaged by Human Resources. Please do not forward any resumes to Human Resources or any employees. H.B. Fuller is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
- Job Location
- Vadnais Heights, Minnesota, United States
- Position Type