Logistics PlannerApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemicals across all industries throughout the world. While our products are virtually invisible, they play a vital role in ensuring the quality of modern life and we are committed to connecting what matters to solve some of the world's biggest adhesion challenges.
Vadnais Heights, MN
The Logistics Planner reports to the Logistics Manager and helps drive performance and cost improvement for transportation, warehousing, distribution and functions of supply chain through daily data analysis. This person will be expected to measure, report and provide recommendations based on accurate data. The ideal candidate will be detailed and hardworking while continuously looking for ways to improve their analytical skills.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Master User of company’s Transportation Management System (TMS), SAP and various software packages including Microsoft Office Suite, and Cassport.
- Work with the Inventory Distribution Planning (IDP) team to identify cost savings opportunities and operating efficiencies.
- Lead the logistical diagnostics of distribution and transportation activities and able to present the results in various formats to enable the logistics team to reach actionable conclusions.
- Develop strong communication and reporting skills with carrier systems and representatives to provide data for management review and feedback.
- Establish baseline data standards and ensure compliance.
- Manage and review transportation key performance indicators (KPIs) to continually improve service.
- Participate in Supply Chain and cross functional business teams as well as contribute to the implementation of logistics strategy.
- Perform studies and analysis necessary to improve Supply Chain performance and reduce costs.
- Lead or participate in the development of policy and procedures for logistics activities, including: Warehouse Dock Scheduling, Customer Pick Up, Return Freight, Trailer Quality, Rail Car scheduling, etc.
- Assist in negotiating carrier contracts and capacity.
- Assist in resolution of freight claims, invoicing and carrier payment discrepancies.
- Assist in developing and implementing savings and process improvement programs with carriers, suppliers, or other transportation related providers.
- Support projects by mining, sorting, cleansing, documenting and organizing data that provides insights and recommendations beyond initial task objective.
- Perform statistical audits of freight data.
Employees are eligible for full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid Holidays. All employees qualify for an annual cash bonus, based on business performance. Annual raises are based on company and individual performance.
- Must have 5+ years’ experience in complex administrative support role
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- MS Office suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
- Must have the ability to organize, work under pressure, and communicate effectively with customers, co- workers and the general public in a professional manner.
- 4-year degree in Logistics/Supply Chain/ Industrial Engineering/ Business/Accounting or related field of study.
- 4+ years of Experience in Supply Chain Management / Logistics as Planner or project manager.
- Travel may be necessary as business dictates.
- 2+ years’ experience with ERP / TMS platforms, preferably SAP.
- 2+ years of providing Financial reporting – Budgeting/Forecasting.
- Expert level with use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to clearly communicate and present information to stakeholders.
- Experience with ERP / TMS platforms, preferably SAP.
- Well organized and has attention to detail.
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
- Job Location
- Vadnais Heights, Minnesota, United States
- Position Type