Maintenance Mechanic-World HeadquartersApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemicals across all industries throughout the world. While our products are virtually invisible, they play a vital role in ensuring the quality of modern life and we are committed to connecting what matters to solve some of the world's biggest adhesion challenges. And, our promise to our people connects them with opportunities to innovate and thrive.
HVAC Maintenance Mechanic - 1st Shift
St. Paul, MN
Seeking a Master Mechanic with extensive BAS/EMS Knowledge
A HVAC maintenance mechanic exhibits a complete and thorough understanding of all building controls, laboratory HVAC building automation systems & energy management systems, process controls, plumbing, and electrical systems. Is recognized as a strong contributor within the facility, and is able to work independently within a small close-knit team. A HVAC mechanic will maintain building systems and laboratory process equipment to high standards for safe and efficient operation.
- Performing hands-on preventive maintenance and repairs on all building systems and process equipment including – AHU’s, VAV’s, VFD’s, boilers, chillers, electrical systems, plumbing, piping, and process controls.
- Extensive use of HVAC building automation systems and energy management systems.
- Experience performing Maintenance and repairs on: Fan coil, air handling equipment, VAV boxes with reheats, damper actuators and associated mechanicals.
- Works independently to solve complex maintenance issues and implements action plan.
- Coordinates maintenance activities to support facility repair schedules.
- Takes a leadership role in identifying potential problems and developing cost-effective solutions.
- Uses diagnostic equipment and evaluates all available information to perform routine analysis and effectively troubleshoot problems.Employees receive full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid Holidays. All employees qualify for an annual cash bonus, based on business performance. Annual raises are based on company and individual performance.
- 4 + years of strong knowledge of HVAC building automation and energy management systems
- Must have MN Boiler license 2C at minimum
- 1+ years knowledge of high voltage electrical systems and low voltage controls
- 1+ years knowledge of high pressure-temperature fluids, steam, and water systems
- Experience in maintenance safety practices including Lock-out Tag-out, Confined Space Entry, & Hot Work Permits
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to walk, climb stairs, use hands to move boxes and insert bags therein; reach with the hands and arms, and stoop and bend from the waist. The employee must, regularly, lift and / or move containers weighing up to 50 lbs. And, occasionally, move and / or lift containers weighing up to 100 lbs., with assistance. Often exposed to temperature extremes, tight working environments (confined space entry), and dust, so an ability to work using a respirator; must be able to work quickly and effectively, under pressure, when the plant is “down.” Must also be able work in positions high off of the main floor of the plant.
- 8 + years of experience in the operation and maintenance of all building controls, process controls, laboratory HVAC systems, plumbing, and electrical systems.
- Associates degree in HVAC or Electronic Technology
- Extensive BAS/EMS knowledge (Building Automation System) and (Energy Management System)
- MN 1st Class or Chief Operating Engineer's license
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
Employees are eligible for full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid holidays. All employees also qualify for an annual cash bonus, based on business performance. Annual raises are rewarded based on company and individual performance.
To all recruitment agencies: H.B. Fuller does not accept agency resumes unless directly engaged by Human Resources. Please do not forward any resumes to Human Resources or any employees. H.B. Fuller is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
- Job Location
- Vadnais Heights, Minnesota, United States
- Position Type