Payroll Accounting Assistant IVApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemicals across all industries throughout the world. While our products are virtually invisible, they play a vital role in ensuring the quality of modern life and we are committed to connecting what matters to solve some of the world's biggest adhesion challenges.
Payroll Accounting Assistant
St. Paul, MN
The NA Payroll Accountant/Team Lead reports to the Global Finance Services North America, Payroll Manager and has primary responsibility to administer assigned aspects of the payroll function ensuring the timely and accurate processing for approximately 4200 employees within 15 North America (13 US and 2 Canada) legal entities with multiple states/provinces in a confidential and efficient manner providing quality service to our customers.
- Process and verify all current and new hire payroll information for all US and Canada exempt and non-exempt employees.
- Ensure all transactions are in accordance with GAAP, all account balances are properly reconciled and accrued balances properly reflect anticipated liability.
- Monitor, manage and reconcile payroll taxes at the employer and employee level. Includes reconciliation to the general ledger as well as to ADP Tax Service reports, preparation, and ensuring compliance.
- Perform PTO audits and audits of the Time System to ensure compliance of statutory requirements and company policy.
- Provide training to new managers on the Time System.Manage SharePoint site for NA Payroll / back up GFS SharePoint Administrator
- Reconcile and submit monthly fleet invoices from the 3rd party vendor.
Employees receive full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid Holidays. All employees qualify for an annual cash bonus, based on business performance. Annual raises are based on company and individual performance.
- Associates degree in Accounting or Finance and 4 years specific experience OR 6 years’ experience in payroll/accounting/tax in multiple locations
- 2+ years related experience with report writing system
- Proven accounting knowledge, including journal entries, accruals, account reconciliations and closing activities
- Strong knowledge and experience with Excel and complex ERP systems [SAP, Oracle or similar]
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and organization skills with the ability to multi-task
- High degree of flexibility and ability to work well under deadlines and pressures
- Microsoft Access Skills
- Experience with 3rd Party Payroll Provider
- FPC or CPP certification
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
- Job Location
- Vadnais Heights, Minnesota, United States
- Position Type