Process Development TechnicianApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemicals across all industries throughout the world. While our products are virtually invisible, they play a vital role in ensuring the quality of modern life and we are committed to connecting what matters to solve some of the world's biggest adhesion challenges.
Process Development Technician
Vadnais Heights, MN
The Process Development Technician position operates complex chemical process equipment to generate samples and semi-commercial and production quantities of new and existing products, provides scale-up assistance on new product introductions and supports activities focused on strategic business markets for adhesive technology. This position will report to the Pilot Plant production manager.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Run machines for coating processes (including roll coating, and web handling/winding), laminating processes, slitting processes, and mixing liquid solutions.
- Make batches of adhesive by adding raw materials, mixing/compounding, heating, cooling, controlling chemical reactions, and packaging.
- Handle various raw materials and laboratory chemicals in drums, totes, pails, bags, and etc.
- Prepare solutions via mixing and compounding operations based on prescribed solution recipe or formula
- Inventory management to insure raw materials and finished goods are kept in stock and in order
- Communicate experimental and testing results verbally and in writing.
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Fulfill responsibilities as required by the Quality System, Safety and SOPs for H.B. Fuller
- Read and understand SDS’ and using proper personal protective equipment.
- Operate with minimal supervision.
- Maintain high quality standard for all products
- Produce and package semi-commercial quantities of products.
- Generate samples of new and existing products. Provide scale-up assistance on new product introductions.
- Operate computerized process control system, read and follow detailed process procedures, observe and record process data.
- Perform standard QC tests on batches.
- Enter SAP production reporting.
Employees receive full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid Holidays. All employees qualify for an annual cash bonus, based on business performance. Annual raises are based on company and individual performance.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years of chemical industrial experience demonstrating mechanical competency and demonstrating computer literacy. One year of college chemistry can be substituted for 3 years of chemical industrial experience
- Experience working in pilot plant or chemical manufacturing operations, especially operating coating equipment, chemical reactors, compounding, coating lines, or mixing; lab technician experience, including following test methods; mechanical proficiency; science and engineering coursework.
- Special consideration given to candidates with AA degrees or Certifications in Laboratory, Engineering Technology, or Mechanical Technology fields
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
- Required Skills
- Job Location
- Vadnais Heights, Minnesota, United States
- Position Type