Process Engineer II-Pilot PlantApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemicals across all industries throughout the world. While our products are virtually invisible, they play a vital role in ensuring the quality of modern life and we are committed to connecting what matters to solve some of the world's biggest adhesion challenges.
Process Engineer-Pilot Plant
Vadnais Heights, MN
Position Summary: Experienced Process Engineer from Chemical or Plastics Industry
The Process Engineer is responsible for the technology support of the New Product Introduction portfolio and continuous improvement of both products and processes within the Americas Adhesives Regions.
The Process Engineer is based at our Pilot Production facility in Vadnais Heights, MN and will travel as necessary to support the NPI and CIP efforts for commercial facilities located in both North and Latin America.
The ranges are provided as guides.
- 50% - Performs new product trials in manufacturing and is involved in process setup, testing, and report generation.
- 15% - Lead continuous improvement exercises to improve and/or standardize manufacturing protocols/operating procedures
- 15% - Provides project engineering support for CapEx processes: design / commissioning / documentation of new / modified production processes.
- 10% - Involved in training plant and operations personnel in new process technology. Creating standard operating procedures for new equipment and process methods.
- 10% - participate in and/or lead Pilot Plant improvement activities in EHS, 5S, ISO, etc.
- Team leadership experience on process optimization efforts
- Experience effectively interacting with both R&D and/or manufacturing personnel in product scale- up or process optimization efforts.
- Fundamental experience/understanding of unit operations including boilers, cooling towers, mixers, etc.
- Knowledge of fundamentals of process control and safety
- Required Experience
- BS Degree in Chemical Engineering
- 5+ years practical process or applications engineering experience in industry
- 2 + years of experience and competence evaluating and optimizing manufacturing processes including statistical analysis
- Ability to travel 15-20% of the time, including extended stays and occasional international travel.
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
- Job Location
- Vadnais Heights, Minnesota, United States
- Position Type