Research Scientist-Durable AssemblyApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemical products to improve products and lives. Our commitment to innovation brings together people, products and processes that answer and solve some of the world's biggest challenges. And, our promise to our people connects them with opportunities to innovate and thrive.
Research Scientist I
St. Paul, MN
Experienced Scientist with Polymers and Organic formulations
The Research Scientist I position will support adhesive product development for the Durable Assembly market for H.B. Fuller. The position is within the Durable Assembly Platform group, so the product development expectations are that new chemistry and formulation concepts will be implemented and commercialized. The expectation for this person will be experienced in the various reactive adhesive technologies (polyurethane, epoxy, acrylic, etc.) and have excellent understanding of the application of these materials as well as a good understanding of the Durable Assembly market.
A Research Scientist I leads projects to generate new product, process or method concepts to meet market and business needs. Is a recognized expert in their field. They have demonstrated understanding of technology, market and applications that have produced significant new product sales and/or intellectual property that produced tangible benefits. The position is expected to lead technical teams within their area of expertise as well as provide technical leadership to cross-functional business teams. In this position the ability to collaborate and communicate across disciplines, functions and regions is required. A Research Scientist I coaches, mentors and guides research of technical colleagues. They are sought out for their technical expertise.
We at H.B. Fuller embrace a shared set of beliefs and competencies that direct the way we operate and express our fundamental principles about how we will achieve success. We strive to hire talent that demonstrates our beliefs and our competencies.
Primary duties include,
- Successfully initiating and leading large regional or cross-functional projects with significant business impact, including projects that involve the development of patentable or proprietary technology. Leads projects using project management discipline, design of experiment (DOE) methodologies and statistical analysis to draw conclusions and present solutions based on understanding of structure-property-performance relationships.
- Acting as an internal technical expert with broad technical knowledge, recognized and sought out by peers, management and project sponsors.
- Demonstrates expertise in silicone and MS adhesive / sealants (product development, application techniques, market knowledge)
- Delivering significant value to the company in terms of new product sales and/or intellectual property that has produced tangible benefits.
- Generating, and building upon a body of intellectual property (trade secret or patent).
- Meeting research goals within time and budget constraints.
- Providing technical leadership of projects through the Stage-Gate process.
- Representing H.B. Fuller internally and externally through presentations and publications, as well as acting as a link to outside professional and/or academic institutions.
- Coaching and mentoring others in the lab, including teaching DOE and the use of statistical tools for analysis.
- Fulfilling responsibilities as required by the Quality System for the site/business unit.
- Working in a safe and efficient manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering and 8 years of professional industry experience.
- Masters degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering and 6 years of professional industry experience
- D. in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering and 4 years of professional industry experience.
- 4+ years with polyurethane and Polymers formulation.
- 2+ years of experience with DOE and statistical analysis.
- 2+ years of proactive interaction with commercial, sourcing, and operations partners to achieve project success.
Employees are eligible for full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid Holidays. All employees qualify for an annual cash bonus, based on business performance. Annual raises are based on company and individual performance.
To all recruitment agencies: H.B. Fuller does not accept agency resumes unless directly engaged by Human Resources. Please do not forward any resumes to Human Resources or any employees. H.B. Fuller is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
- Job Location
- Vadnais Heights, Minnesota, United States
- Position Type