Research Scientist I-HygieneApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemical products to improve products and lives. Our commitment to innovation brings together people, products and processes that answer and solve some of the world's biggest challenges. And, our promise to our people connects them with opportunities to innovate and thrive.
Research Scientist I-Hygiene
Vadnais Heights, MN
Experienced Scientist within the chemical or plastics industries
A Research Scientist I leads projects that generate new product, process or method concepts leveraging the Stage-Gate process discipline to meet market and business needs. A Research Scientist I is a recognized internal expert in their field. They have demonstrated understanding of technology, market and applications that have produced significant new product sales and/or intellectual property that produced tangible benefits for H.B. Fuller. A Research Scientist I is expected to lead technical teams within their area of expertise as well as provide technical leadership to cross-functional business teams. In this position the ability to collaborate and communicate across disciplines, functions and regions is required. A Research Scientist I coaches, mentors and guides research of technical colleagues. They are sought out for their technical expertise.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering and 8 years of professional industry experience.
- Masters degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering and 6 years of professional industry experience
- PhD. in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering and 4 years of professional industry experience.
- 4 + years of demonstrated experience to initiate and lead large global or cross-functional projects with significant business impact, including projects that involve the development of patentable or proprietary technology.
- 5 + years of experience in project management, Stage-Gate, Design of Experiments (DOE) and statistical tools, including ability to teach and mentor others.
- 4 + years of experience demonstrated understanding of areas of expertise and the applicable competitive landscape, including the ability to map the market space to identify opportunities.
- 4 + years of experience with hot melt formulations for hygiene applications.
- 2+ years of experience with DOE and statistical analysis.
- 2+ years of proactive interaction with commercial, sourcing, and operations partners to achieve project success.
Employees receive full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid Holidays. All employees qualify for an annual cash bonus, based on business performance. Annual raises are based on company and individual performance.
To all recruitment agencies: H.B. Fuller does not accept agency resumes unless directly engaged by Human Resources. Please do not forward any resumes to Human Resources or any employees. H.B. Fuller is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities
- Job Location
- Vadnais Heights, Minnesota, United States
- Position Type