Scientist III - Plant ChemistApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemical products to improve products and lives. Our commitment to innovation brings together people, products and processes that answer and solve some of the world's biggest challenges. And, our promise to our people connects them with opportunities to innovate and thrive.
Sr. Scientist I
Position will start off in St. Paul MN and relocate to Elgin IL after trained
This position is for a Plant Scientist located in Elgin, Illinois reporting into R&D. This position will require training in waterbased adhesive compounding which will be conducted at the Willow Lake R&D lab for the first 12-18 months upon accepting the position.
After the training period is concluded, the expectation is that the scientist must relocate to Elgin, Illinois to provide on-site support to this facility.
The primary objectives of the plant scientist position are to improve customer satisfaction, reduce defects, and improve productivity by providing plant technical leadership and interacting with support functions such as Operations, Strategic Sourcing, etc. Position is part of plant leadership team.
- Cross-Plant training; functionality, basic technology, global and NA.
- Standardize testing/processes across similar plants
- Monitor projects at WL through regular meetings and Stage Gate Reviews - Keep plant informed regarding status of new products and changes
- New Product Introduction and Scale-Up
- Monitor Experimental Batches until they are considered Commercial
- RM Projects from WL Lab and Sourcing
- Maintain RM substitutes and Ingredient Pools at the Plant level
- RM's recertification - work with vendors and WL to use best practices for RM's
- Inspection Plans: update and maintain in BOM's, Recipes and for RM's
- Production Processes - Validate, Standardize, Assist in optimizing, New processes
- MOC's - Product/RM
- Set/Audit Rework and adjustments to production batches; Need to validate for best practices
- Batch Quality Investigation support
- Testing - Improve equipment use, whether existing test equipment functionality can be maximized to aid in additional testing at the plant level.
- Travel less than 10%.
- Train in Willow Lake facility for 12-18 months then relocate to Elgin, IL facility.
- Working Environment is manufacturing facility and manufacturing floor
- [Time spent standing/sitting/walking] – 1/3,1/3,1/3
- BS/BA Degree in Chemistry, or Chemical Engineering, or other related area. An alternative to a chemistry degree would be any 4-year degree with a minimum of related technical experience.
- 3 + years of prior experience in the chemical industry is required.
- 3 + years of experience with ASQ ISO 9000, or ISO 9000-2000
- [Lifting requirements] up to 50 pounds
- Knowledge of SAP or similar ERP database management systems
- Exposure to applications using continuous improvement techniques; TQM, Problem Solving DMAIC, 8D, Fault Tree Analysis, FMEA’s, Lean Manufacturing, 5S, and etc.
Employees are eligible for full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid Holidays. All employees qualify for an annual cash bonus, based on business performance. Annual raises are based on company and individual performance.
To all recruitment agencies: H.B. Fuller does not accept agency resumes unless directly engaged by Human Resources. Please do not forward any resumes to Human Resources or any employees. H.B. Fuller is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
- Job Location
- Vadnais Heights, Minnesota, United States
- Position Type