Scientist Sr II-HygieneApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemical products to improve products and lives. Our commitment to innovation brings together people, products and processes that answer and solve some of the world's biggest challenges. And, our promise to our people connects them with opportunities to innovate and thrive.
Senior Scientist II
St. Paul, MN
Experienced Scientist with Hot Melt formulation
In general, a Senior Scientist II leads projects that generate new product, process or method concepts leveraging the Stage-Gate process discipline to meet market and business needs. A Senior Scientist II has a deep understanding of markets and applications, enabling the scientist to proactively identify new opportunities and gain buy-in from senior leadership to create projects or initiatives. In this position the ability to collaborate and communicate across disciplines, functions and regions is highly valued. A Senior Scientist II coaches, mentors and guides research of technical colleagues.
- Proactively identifying new research and development opportunities within an area of specialty, gaining leadership support to create new projects or initiatives.
- Planning and leading large scale research and development projects, using project management discipline, design of experiment (DOE) methodologies and statistical analysis to draw conclusions and present solutions based on understanding of structure-property-performance relationships.
- Generating new intellectual property (trade secret or patent) within an area of specialty.
- Meeting research goals within time and budget constraints.
- Providing technical leadership of projects through the Stage-Gate process.
- Representing H.B. Fuller internally and externally through presentations and publications.
- Participating in global or cross-functional project teams, collaborating across functional and regional boundaries.
- Coaching and mentoring others in the lab, including teaching DOE and the use of statistical tools for analysis.
- Supporting operations to facilitate scale-up and efficient production of developed technologies.
- Fulfilling responsibilities as required by the Quality System for the site/business unit.
- Working in a safe and efficient manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering and 6 years of professional industry experience.
- Masters degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering and 4 years of professional industry experience
- D. in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering and 2 years of professional industry experience.
- 2+ years with hot melt formulations for hygiene applications.
- 1+ years of experience with DOE and statistical analysis.
- 1+ years of proactive interaction with commercial, sourcing, and operations partners to achieve project success.
Employees are eligible for full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid Holidays. All employees qualify for an annual cash bonus, based on business performance. Annual raises are based on company and individual performance.
To all recruitment agencies: H.B. Fuller does not accept agency resumes unless directly engaged by Human Resources. Please do not forward any resumes to Human Resources or any employees. H.B. Fuller is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
- Job Location
- Vadnais Heights, Minnesota, United States
- Position Type