Senior IT Developer - Microsoft Business Intelligence Specialist; St. Paul, MNApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemicals across all industries throughout the world. While our products are virtually invisible, they play a vital role in ensuring the quality of modern life and we are committed to connecting what matters to solve some of the world's biggest adhesion challenges.
Senior I.T. Business Intelligence Developer; St. Paul, MN
H.B. Fuller is seeking an experienced Microsoft Business Intelligence (BI) Specialist, based in St. Paul, MN, who has primary responsibility for duties in the Business Intelligence (BI), Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW), and related applications. The Microsoft BI Specialist's primary role is to provide technical support to data integration from operational systems; analyze quality of data and generate business information from the data that is loaded into the data warehouse.
This individual will design, develop, document, and implement efficient ETL, reporting and analytic systems in support of core organizational functions.
The position requires experience and designing and building Microsoft BI solutions including:
- SSIS – Legacy Source Systems Integration experience (AS400, SAP, SAGE, ETC)
- SSAS – Expert in Analytical Cubes
- SSRS – Reporting and analytics solutions using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) integrated with SharePoint
- T-SQL Development
- Power BI
- Understanding and experience with database design and implementation of dimensional models and full cycle data warehouse developing;
- Good analytical, problem solving skills
- Good documentation and communication skills
- Support databases for related business applications
- Microsoft Certified professional – MCDBA, MCP, or similar is a plus
The Senior Developer will be accountable for application development (50%), systems analysis (20%), documentation and communication (10%), and operational system support (20%).
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform analysis, develop specifications, design, and develop BI applications including Database objects (tables, Stored Procedures, etc.), SSIS packages, SSAS cubes and SSRS reports working within a project team. Consistently generates error-free applications and objects that meet specifications.
- Contributes to BI best practices for design, management, testing, and performance.
- Conduct testing (including but not limited to functional, unit, regression) on developed application code and integrations.
- Perform and participate in peer design and code reviews.
- Analyzes, reviews, and modifies programs and approaches to increase developer and system efficiency.
- Consult with Business and Systems Analysts in assigned projects to identify user needs and project task requirements.
- Evaluates development projects to determine feasibility, time requirements, and interface requirements with existing systems.
- Prepare documentation for the systems/programs in accordance with department and corporate standards.
- Keep abreast of new developments in software, system development, and be informed of the latest techniques, technologies, and practices.
- Provides technical support and guidance in the proper use of BI tools to business users.
- Assists in troubleshooting application problems where data, ETL, and reporting are integral elements.
- Mentors junior staff on BI development and operational techniques.
- Role is based in St. Paul, MN, must reside in St. Paul, MN.
- Bachelor's degree in the field of business administration, computer science, or management information systems.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in business intelligence, data warehousing or database area.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in ETL development, report development and deployment using Integration Services, Reporting Services and Analysis Services.
- Understanding and experience in OLAP and reporting and analytics principles.
- Understanding of the full SQL Server (2008 R2 and later) Business Intelligence suite including Integration Services, Analysis Services and Reporting Services.
- Proficient with T-SQL development including stored procedures, queries, and views.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Must be willing to travel as needed (<20%).
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
- Job Location
- Vadnais Heights, Minnesota, United States
- Position Type