Senior ParalegalApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemical products to improve products and lives. Our commitment to innovation brings together people, products and processes that answer and solve some of the world's biggest challenges. And, our promise to our people connects them with opportunities to innovate and thrive.
Location: St. Paul, MN
The Senior Paralegal in Subsidiary Management, has responsibility for assisting the business and Law Department with legal matters affecting the Company. The successful candidate will be an experienced subsidiary management and governance professional capable of collaborating with various legal and business stakeholders and administering the day-to-day operation of H.B. Fuller’s global subsidiaries and branches. This will include managing the vendor, agents and outside counsel and serving as the key staff support for the global chief accountants. In collaboration with the Assistant General Counsel, the incumbent will develop an assessment process to update and monitor the status of corporate entities. The position reports to the Assistant General Counsel and Assistant Corporate Secretary.
This role has responsibilities related to subsidiary management (75%) as well as other projects (25%).
Maintenance of corporate subsidiaries in compliance with local requirements and maintain subsidiary database including the following:
- Form and/or dissolve entities and apply for authority to do business in U.S. states.
- Maintain corporate status of subsidiaries, corporate record books, stock records and ownership, and organizational chart for all subsidiaries;
- Manage all the informational changes relating to the database including director changes, capitalization changes, divestitures and corporate reorganizations involving subsidiaries and other similar matters (including working with third party vendor, agents and attorneys globally to understand the requirements and implement them);
- Communicate with and provide guidance to in-house clients regarding subsidiary matters. Communicate and authorize third party vendors, local counsel and agents regarding local filings, registrations, certifications, powers of attorney, changes in directors and officers, and other subsidiary related matters.
- Drafting, filing, maintaining and uploading corporate entity filings and minutes, resolutions, changes of names, etc. in book and electronic form; and
- Filing assumed name documents and other applicable filings.
- Research regarding corporate legal entity filings and minutes, researching corporate legal identities, research state and federal regulatory guidelines and assist with merger and acquisition projects.
- Work with Tax Department, Secretaries of State and outside agents to register assumed names, foreign qualifications and withdrawals, changes in registered address or agents, etc.
- Responsible for and contact person for getting resolutions, commercial register applications, powers of attorney and other documents signed by local and global managing directors, including responsible for notarizations, legalizations and apostilles and working with outside vendor regarding same. Work extensively with internal personnel and local agents around the world to maintain subsidiaries in good standing.
- Assist in drafting, preparation and review of subsidiary listing for the Annual Report on Form 10-K and preparation and review of quarterly subsidiary report, including communication with global stakeholders, and similar matters. Responsible to request information from H.B. Fuller personnel and prepare subsidiary management reports, assist Assistant General Counsel with financing related matters. Draft and maintain intercompany agreements. Research relating to subsidiary matters.
- Other projects as assigned based on business needs. Serve as backup for other duties in the Law Department, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience
- Completion of an accredited paralegal program or comparable legal education, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 to 10 years of paralegal or business experience drafting and analyzing subsidiary management matters, including general subsidiary governance services
- Notary Public, or will apply to become a Notary Public
- Experience in preparing and filing certifications, resolutions, intercompany agreements,
- Strong written and communication skills, both oral and written
- Self-starter, ability to manage workflow, shifting priorities
- Ability to manage numerous matters simultaneously under deadline pressure
- Ability to comprehend new and/or changing laws and regulations and work with Law Department attorneys to develop procedures to comply with requirements
- Willingness to adapt and be open to change in order to achieve desired results
- Ability to work cooperatively with other staff, paralegals and attorneys and to share workload during periods of high demand
Employees are eligible for full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid Holidays. All employees qualify for an annual cash bonus, based on business performance. Annual raises are based on company and individual performance.
To all recruitment agencies: H.B. Fuller does not accept agency resumes unless directly engaged by Human Resources. Please do not forward any resumes to Human Resources or any employees. H.B. Fuller is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
- Job Location
- Vadnais Heights, Minnesota, United States
- Position Type