Sr. Project Engineer - Virtual/Remote
Vadnais Heights, Minnesota; Michigan Center, Michigan; Peabody, Massachusetts; Aurora, Illinois; Blue Ash, Ohio; Bellevue, Ohio; Chagrin Falls, Ohio; Morris, Illinois; Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, Minnesota; South Bend, Indiana; Edison, New Jersey; Elgin, Illinois; Frankfort, Illinois; Fridley, Minnesota; Los Angeles, California; Grand Rapids, Michigan; Remote;Apply NowApply Later
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemicals across all industries throughout the world. While our products are virtually invisible, they play a vital role in ensuring the quality of modern life and we are committed to connecting what matters to solve some of the world's biggest adhesion challenges.
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemical products to improve products and lives. Our commitment to innovation brings together people, products and processes that answer and solve some of the world's biggest challenges. And, our promise to our people connects them with opportunities to innovate and thrive.
Position: Senior Project Engineer (Chemical Process)
Location: Virtual/Remote with 50% travel to Blue Ash, Ohio, unless in Cincinnati area, travel would be at 10%
The Sr. Project Engineer reports to the Global Engineering and has the primary responsibility to manage the execution of major capital projects from the initial concept through completion and start-up and documentation. The Sr. Project Engineer will ensure that the project design and documentation is adequate to meet the project objectives through design reviews, managing the process evaluation and managing the quality of construction. The Sr. Project Engineer is responsible for ensuring assigned projects are completed on time and on budget and executed safely in addition to ensuring the project management process is consistently followed.
This individual will be involved in a variety of process design, project management, and mentoring/development activities including:
- Utilize the H.B. Fuller FEL process to define, design and execute capital projects
- Monitors project progress, timeline, and cost. Ensure action is taken where needed to stay on cost and schedule
- Identifies, qualifies, and manages engineering firms and contractors as needed to complete capital projects on time. Provides frequent updates on project status, timing and issues
- Works closely with Operations management and HHC process engineering to ensure projects will efficiently produce products as intended. Includes best practices in process technology, layout, and design to ensure user acceptance
- Document completed projects with drawings, specifications, expense, timeline and process performance
- Assist in the identification and implementation of manufacturing “best practices”
- Advise management of the feasibility of capital projects by leading scope definition, planning and initial cost estimation for future new capital projects as part of capex planning
- Vigorously enforce safe manufacturing practices and assist in the compliance with all-application safety and environmental rules, regulations and procedures. Safety is a core value in everything we do at H.B. Fuller
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to lead and supervise others and solve problems independently.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to plan and meet deadlines.
- Work with operations team and finance partner to forecast capital spend and deliver on annual financial targets.
- The ability to effectively lead, develop, and inspire people, and maintain effective influence while driving breakthrough thinking and results
- Be a resource to assist and grow facility engineers in formal project management processes. Also assist in the continual improvement of the capital execution process
- Assist in the adoption of project management KPI’s
- BA/BS degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, electrical engineering or mechanical engineering
- 8+ years' of practical experience in process or project engineering
- 5+ years' of experience managing capital projects in the $0.5MM - $10MM range
- 4+ years of experience with Lean and Six Sigma principles or equivalent process improvement techniques
- Familiarity with RAGAGEP, GMP and “Best Practices” procedures. Exposure to international standards considered a plus
- 3+ years’ experience with FEL process documentation (P&IDs, layouts, etc.) and Microsoft Office software (including Microsoft Project)
- Demonstrated experience with capital purchasing requirements including taxability of item, terms and conditions, and contract law.
- Ability to travel regionally - 50% or more domestic
- MBA, (Operations Management, Engineering Management, Project Management)
- 2+ years' of construction management experience in chemical process industry
- PMP certification
- Familiarity with ASQ ISO 9000, ISO 9000-2000 or similar
- Knowledge of SAP or similar ERP database management systems.
- Process control experience
- Quality control experience
- Demonstrated leadership with PSM and/or Functional Safety Design
- Knowledge of the chemistry involved in the manufacturing of the products
- Six Sigma certification, (Green or Black Belt), experience in design for Six Sigma DFSS
- Exposure to applications using continuous improvement techniques; 8D, TQM, Problem Solving DMAIC, Fault Tree Analysis, FMEA’s, Lean Manufacturing, 5S, etc.
- Knowledge, experience and demonstrated results improving process capability, monitored and controlled via a Capability Index
- Prior experience with adhesives; manufacture and/or application.
- Exposure to Reliability Centered Maintenance so that proposed process designs include these considerations for future maintenance
Employees receive full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid Holidays. All employees qualify for an annual cash bonus based on business performance. Annual raises are based on company and individual performance.
To all recruitment agencies: H.B. Fuller does not accept agency resumes unless directly engaged by Human Resources. Please do not forward any resumes to Human Resources or any employees. H.B. Fuller is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At H.B. Fuller, we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and are committed to providing all applicants and employees with equal employment opportunity. We subscribe to the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) policy of employing and promoting individuals based on their merits, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, or any other protected classification.
Recently Viewed Jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.