Sr. Scientist I-WindowsApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemical products to improve products and lives. Our commitment to innovation brings together people, products and processes that answer and solve some of the world's biggest challenges. And, our promise to our people connects them with opportunities to innovate and thrive.
Sr. Scientist I
Vadnais Heights, MN
In general, a Senior Scientist I leads projects that generate new product, process or method concepts leveraging the Stage-Gate process discipline to meet market and business needs. In this position the ability to collaborate and communicate across disciplines, functions and regions is highly valued. Senior Scientist I coaches, mentors and guides research of technical colleagues.
This position will be located at our Willow Lake facility and will require close interaction with our manufacturing plant in Fridley, MN. The position will have a strong initial focus in the localization and support of critical product lines from our global insulating glass technical partners. Additional foci will be product and process development from conception to production, raw material evaluation, and product line maintenance. Position requires strong collaboration with our commercial, operations, regulatory, and sourcing partners as well as direct interaction with customers.
- Planning and leading large scale research and development projects, using project management discipline, design of experiment (DOE) methodologies and statistical analysis to draw conclusions and present solutions based on understanding of structure-property-performance relationships.
- Generating new product, process or method concepts within an area of specialty.
- Meeting research goals within time and budget constraints.
- Providing technical leadership of projects through the Stage-Gate process.
- Preparing and presenting reports to customers and business leaders.
- Participating in global or cross-functional project teams, collaborating across functional and regional boundaries.
- Coaching and mentoring others in the lab.
- Supporting operations to facilitate scale-up and efficient production of developed technologies.
- Fulfilling responsibilities as required by the Quality System for the site/business unit.
- Working in a safe and efficient manner.
- Bachelors degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering and 5 years of professional industry experience.
- Masters degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering and 3 years of professional industry experience
- D. in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering.
- Experience within an industrial manufacturing environment
- Familiarity with hot melt and reactive hot melt sealants
- Ability to work with industrial applications equipment
Employees are eligible for full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid Holidays. All employees qualify for an annual cash bonus, based on business performance. Annual raises are based on company and individual performance.
To all recruitment agencies: H.B. Fuller does not accept agency resumes unless directly engaged by Human Resources. Please do not forward any resumes to Human Resources or any employees. H.B. Fuller is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
- Job Location
- Vadnais Heights, Minnesota, United States
- Position Type