Sr Scientist IApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
We at H.B. Fuller embrace a shared set of beliefs and competencies that direct the way we operate and express our fundamental principles about how we will achieve success. We strive to hire and develop talent that demonstrates our beliefs and our competencies.
Senior Scientist I will lead research and development projects focused on strategic NA Durable Assembly business for Reactive technology and reports to a R&D Manager. In this position the ability to collaborate and communicate across disciplines, functions and regions is highly valued. Senior Scientist I coaches, mentors and guides research of technical colleagues.
- Planning and leading large scale research and development projects, using project management discipline, design of experiment (DOE) methodologies and statistical analysis to draw conclusions and present solutions based on understanding of structure-property-performance relationships
- Generating new technologies, products, process or method concepts
- Ability to work on a wide range of problems where causal relationships are difficult to establish and the use of creative thinking is required
- Meeting research goals & commercialization of technologies/products within tight timelines and budget constraints
- Providing technical leadership of projects through the Stage-Gate process
- Ability to deliver internal and customer presentations in a professional manner
- Participating in cross-functional project teams, collaborating across functional and regional boundaries
- Supporting operations to facilitate scale-up and efficient production of developed technologies.
- Ability to coach and mentor other technical colleagues.
- Fulfilling responsibilities as required by the Quality System for the site/business unit.
- Working in a safe and efficient manner.
- Required Skills
- Bachelors degree in Chemistry/Chemical Engineering/Materials Science/Polymer Science and 5 years of professional industry experience; prefer chemical industry experience
- Masters degree in Chemistry/Chemical Engineering/Materials Science/Polymer Science and 3 years of professional industry experience; prefer chemical industry experience
- PhD in Chemistry/Chemical Engineering/Materials Science/Polymer Science
- 1-2 years + of adhesive formulation experience is a plus
- 1-2 years + of reactive chemistry (polyurethane, epoxy, etc) is a plus
- Knowledge of polymer structure-property-process relationship is a plus
- 1-2 years + of new product development/project management experience
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
- Job Location
- Vadnais Heights, Minnesota, United States
- Position Type