Sr. Scientist II - HotmeltApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemical products to improve products and lives. Our commitment to innovation brings together people, products and processes that answer and solve some of the world's biggest challenges. And, our promise to our people connects them with opportunities to innovate and thrive.
Sr. Scientist II-Hot Melt
Vadnais Heights, MN
Experienced Hot Melt Scientist from Chemical or Plastics Industry
The R&D Scientist will be responsible for development of new hot melt adhesive products for the Packaging and Converting markets. Responsibilities will also include optimizing formulas for cost, processing, and performance.
- Use knowledge of polymers, tackifiers, modifiers and additives to meet customer defined critical to quality (CTQs) performance requirements of hot melt adhesive formulations.
- Lead product development projects independently, including new product development, formula modification/localization, scale-up, production, customer evaluation, and commercialization.
- Troubleshoot and resolve product quality or performance problems.
- Evaluate alternate new raw materials for cost, performance, and compliance.
- Interact and work with Sourcing, Supply Chain, Operations, Production and other functions to bring new products and product modifications to market.
- Communicate directly with sales and customers to determine adhesive performance specifications and requirements, and provide technical explanation of adhesive performance.
- Effectively communicate project status, technical market assessment, and recommendations to all stakeholders.
- Maintain accurate lab notebook records.
- Maintain complete and accurate records on intellectual properties and pursue patent application or trade secret as appropriate.
- Travel to customer locations and industry association meetings.
- Bachelor’s in chemistry, chemical engineering, polymer science, material sciences or other related fields.
- 5-7 + years of industry experience in R&D formulation and application of hot melt adhesives.
- 5 + years of experience of managing multiple complex development projects in a cross-functional team environment.
- 3 + years of experience managing projects in a Stage Gale process.
- Open to travel 5% of the time.
Employees receive full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid Holidays. All employees qualify for an annual cash bonus, based on business performance. Annual raises are based on company and individual performance.
Relocation package depending on qualifications.
To all recruitment agencies: H.B. Fuller does not accept agency resumes unless directly engaged by Human Resources. Please do not forward any resumes to Human Resources or any employees. H.B. Fuller is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities
- Job Location
- Vadnais Heights, Minnesota, United States
- Position Type