Sr Scientist II-Packaging-Hot MeltApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemical products to improve products and lives. Our commitment to innovation brings together people, products and processes that answer and solve some of the world's biggest challenges. And, our promise to our people connects them with opportunities to innovate and thrive.
Sr. Scientist II
St. Paul, MN
Experienced Scientist with experience with Hot Melt formulating.
The Senior Scientist II is responsible for leading global product development projects primarily focused on Hot Melt technology for use in the Packaging Market. In this position, the ability to collaborate and communicate across disciplines, functions, and regions is highly valued. The Senior Scientist II will also coach and mentor research of technical colleagues, and could manage 1-3 technicians or scientists. This position reports to a Technical Manager and will be based in Vadnais Heights, Minnesota.
- Planning and leading large scale research and development projects, using project management discipline, design of experiment (DOE) methodologies and statistical analysis to draw conclusions and present solutions based on understanding of structure-property-performance relationships.
- Generating new product, process or method concepts within an area of specialty and translating these into commercial products/solutions.
- Supporting operations to facilitate scale-up and efficient production of developed technologies.
- Meeting research goals within time and budget constraints.
- Providing technical leadership of projects through the Stage-Gate process.
- Preparing and presenting reports to customers and business leaders.
- Participating in global or cross-functional project teams, collaborating across functional and regional boundaries.
- Coaching and mentoring others in the lab.
- Fulfilling responsibilities as required by the Quality System for the site/business unit.
- Working in a safe and efficient manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering and 6 years of professional industry experience.
- Masters degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering and 4 years of professional industry experience
- D. in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering and 2 years of professional industry experience.
- 5+ years of experience working in a laboratory research environment
- 5+ years of hands on experience with thermoplastic polymer blending, formulation, and analysis
- 3+ years of experience with planning and leading large scale projects using project management and Stage-Gate discipline
Employees are eligible for full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid Holidays. All employees qualify for an annual cash bonus, based on business performance. Annual raises are based on company and individual performance.
To all recruitment agencies: H.B. Fuller does not accept agency resumes unless directly engaged by Human Resources. Please do not forward any resumes to Human Resources or any employees. H.B. Fuller is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
- Job Location
- Vadnais Heights, Minnesota, United States
- Position Type