H.B. Fuller employees click here to apply for current openings.
Strategic Account Manager
Vadnais Heights, Minnesota; San Jose, California; San Francisco, California; Remote;Apply NowApply Later
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemicals across all industries throughout the world. While our products are virtually invisible, they play a vital role in ensuring the quality of modern life and we are committed to connecting what matters to solve some of the world's biggest adhesion challenges.
Location: Virtual role, home base anywhere in US but Western US is preferred as the role supports major customer in California.
Do you have experience selling consumables into the global fast moving retail goods market?
The Strategic Account Manager’s (SAM) purpose is to enable profitable growth with selected food, beverage, and personal electronic device strategic accounts contributing to the overall profitable growth of H.B. Fuller.
The SAM is expected to retain and grow H.B. Fullers’ market share and increase profitability with selected strategic accounts manufacturing in the NA as well as Asia markets. This role allows for the opportunity to work across different business functions and with stakeholders in regions outside North America to close projects managed globally. He/she will be accountable for achieving annual sales and profit targets/budgets . SAMs will work closely with the sales teams to deliver business results and improve our customers’ experience and loyalty. This SAM will achieve the market growth stated in line with the strategic plan and consistently implement pricing in line with business unit pricing policy. In order to thrive in this role, the SAM will be the subject matter expert and achieve results through application and efficiently gathered knowledge of the H.B. Fuller functional set up and value selling processes.
The Strategic Account Manager is expected to:
- Navigate and collaborate with sales, technical, marketing, R&D, sourcing, & logistics across regions
- Be able to efficiently manage projects that are global
- Coach commercial team in order to execute on strategic plan in order to deliver business results and improve our customers’ experience and loyalty.
- Consistently implement pricing in line with business unit pricing policy
- Be able to report out on a variety of metrics to stakeholders of varying degrees of oversight achieve results through application and knowledge of the H.B. Fuller sales and value selling processes, as a subject matter expert. Winning the right way!
- Balances efforts between growth and retention activities in each territory
- Work with senior management to manage resources in line with organization strategy and partner with internal teams to drive toward meeting goals
- Responsible for portfolio revenue of ~$10-20M
- Travel required ( 2-3 days a week on the road)
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field; MBA a plus
- Minimum of 5-7 years of sales experience, B2B
- At least 3 years of consistent at or above target performance
- Travel required ( 2-3 days a week on the road)
- Must be fluent in English, Mandarin a plus
- Outstanding commercial skills at all levels of contacts: Executive, Middle management, Production floor. Proven sales success.
- Good understanding of key financial metrics such as Margins, Operating Income, Working Capital
- Expert oral, presentation and written communication skills.
- A disciplined, yet flexible and creative approach. Comfortable in dealing with ambiguity
- Good understanding of supply chain processes
- Ability to work in a fast changing environment. Strong reporting skills.
- Positive, ‘’can do’’ attitude
- Ambition to develop and progress in career
- Experience in more than one market/application/geography
- In depth understanding of financial metrics
Employees are eligible for full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid holidays. All employees also qualify for an annual cash bonus, based on business performance. Annual raises are rewarded based on company and individual performance.
To all recruitment agencies: H.B. Fuller does not accept agency resumes unless directly engaged by Human Resources. Please do not forward any resumes to Human Resources or any employees. H.B. Fuller is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes
At H.B. Fuller, we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and are committed to providing all applicants and employees with equal employment opportunity. We subscribe to the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) policy of employing and promoting individuals based on their merits, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, or any other protected classification.
Recently Viewed Jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.