Strategic Sourcing InternApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemicals across all industries throughout the world. While our products are virtually invisible, they play a vital role in ensuring the quality of modern life and we are committed to connecting what matters to solve some of the world's biggest adhesion challenges.
Strategic Sourcing Intern
Vadnais Heights, MN and Aurora, IL
The Sourcing Intern reports to a Sourcing Manager within the Americas Sourcing organization and will reside at our Global Headquarters. The Sourcing Intern may interact with several internal departments outside of Sourcing including R&D, Finance, Operations, Plants, and Supply Chain, and may also interact with H.B. Fuller’s external suppliers.
This internship will be 40 hours per week.
This individual will be responsible for a specific project dependent on market and business needs. As part of this work, the intern will be involved in a variety of activities including:
- Complete basic projects independently and draw conclusions with guidance
- Reproduce and articulate results and their meaning through spreadsheets, reports and presentations
- Interact and contribute to a multifunctional team on a regular basis
- Past project have included:
- Determine the scope of the liability where we have finished products that contain one or more raw materials that are single sourced. Evaluate what can be done about that risk by talking to the sourcing managers and seeing if we can find a new supplier, sign a contract or overstock the raw material.
- Work with our Indirect Sourcing team on specific categories of spend within our manufacturing plants. Goal is to improve the cost and develop preferred supplier for the particularly category.
- Work with our Consumer Products division to improve the toll manufacturing process, taking out cost and improving processes.
- Evaluate the total delivered cost of our selected toll produced finished goods including inbound freight, packaging costs, raw material costs, conversion costs, and outbound freight costs with a goal of finding at least $100,000 in annualized savings.
- Evaluate our processes (who arranges raw materials and packages, who negotiates the pricing, how inbound and outbound shipments are handled, how order sizes are determined, etc.) and identify opportunities for improvement and cost savings.
- Currently pursuing Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Supply Chain to be completed between December 2020 – June 2022
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
- Job Location
- Vadnais Heights, Minnesota, United States
- Position Type