Strategic Sourcing Manager; St. Paul, MNApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemicals across all industries throughout the world. While our products are virtually invisible, they play a vital role in ensuring the quality of modern life and we are committed to connecting what matters to solve some of the world's biggest adhesion challenges.
Strategic Sourcing Manager; St. Paul, MN
H.B. Fuller is seeking an experienced direct sourcing Manager to develop and execute sourcing strategies to provide business-building innovation, assurance of supply, superior cost management and uncompromising stewardship. Key responsibilities include development of sourcing strategies, delivery of cost savings through commercial and technical project management and effective supplier relationship management. Management of both internal cross-functional and external relationships is important on a day-to-day basis with an eye for long-term growth.
The Manager will focus their view of the business and the supply chain to include what is necessary to effectively manage their respective spend, while looking for adjacent business opportunities. Furthermore, the horizon of the Manager will focus on the life of the projects he/she is responsible for, while keeping an eye on the future. This horizon is typically 1-3 years and is primarily about taking care of the current business needs. This position will report to the director within the sourcing team.
This role is based in St. Paul, MN.
The Strategic Sourcing Manager strives to deliver against three primary business needs including supply assurance, delivering the best total value, and creating and delivering innovation to the company – both commercial & technical.
The primary responsibilities for this role include sourcing for direct resources for chemical products (70- 90%), and sourcing support (10- 30%).
Sourcing activities include:
- Development and implementation of sourcing strategies with cross functional teams to include the analysis of emerging technologies, supplier capability analysis, supplier relationship management, long-term supply/demand models, should cost analyses, etc.
- Identify and deliver savings projects ongoing.
- Develop and manage all supplier relationships within his/her are of responsibility on a day-to-day basis.
- Potential to lead global spendpool team(s) for development of global and/or regional sourcing strategies as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science, or Supply Chain required.
- 5+ years of related experience in direct sourcing.
- Travel required, domestic and international, 20-30%, short notice is possible.
Preferred Qualifications include:
- MBA or Graduate degree in technical field, and 1-2 years experience
- Professional experience in sourcing or related function (3-5 years)
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
- Job Location
- Vadnais Heights, Minnesota, United States
- Position Type