H.B. Fuller employees click here to apply for current openings.
Strategic Sourcing Specialist
Vadnais Heights, Minnesota; Fridley, Minnesota; Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, Minnesota;Apply NowApply Later
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemicals across all industries throughout the world. While our products are virtually invisible, they play a vital role in ensuring the quality of modern life and we are committed to connecting what matters to solve some of the world's biggest adhesion challenges.
H.B. Fuller’s Engineering Adhesives segment develops adhesive solutions for the automotive and aerospace, wood and composite, electronics and energy, glass, durable assembly, and bus, truck, rail and recreational vehicle industries. As these dynamic markets continue to change, and consumers demand lighter, safer, greener, and more reliable products, we partner with our customers to deliver highly engineered solutions.
Position: Strategic Sourcing Specialist/Analyst
Location: St. Paul, MN
Our Strategic Sourcing Specialist is responsible for developing and executing sourcing strategies to provide business-building innovation, assurance of supply, superior cost management and uncompromising stewardship. Key responsibilities include development of sourcing strategies, delivery of cost savings through commercial and technical project management and effective supplier relationship management. Management of both internal x-functional and external relationships is important on a day-to-day basis with an eye for long-term growth.
The Strategic Sourcing Specialist will focus their view of the business and the supply chain to include what is necessary to effectively manage their respective spend, while looking for adjacent business opportunities. Furthermore, the horizon of the Manager will focus on the life of the projects he/she is responsible for, while keeping an eye on the future. This horizon is typically 1-3 years and is primarily about taking care of the current business needs. This position will report to the appropriate level manager within the sourcing team supporting the Engineered Adhesives Global Business Unit.
This role, and every role in H. B. Fuller’s Global Strategic Sourcing organization, strives to deliver against three primary business needs:
1) Supply Assurance
2) Deliver Best Total Value
3) Creating and delivering innovation to the company – both commercial & technical
30% - 60% Sourcing
20% - 40% Analytics
0% - 20% Organizational leadership and guidance
0% - 100% Systems and processes
- Development and implementation of sourcing strategies with cross functional team to include the analysis of emerging technologies, supplier capability analysis, supplier relationship management, long-term supply-demand models, should cost analyses, etc.
- Identify and deliver savings projects ongoing
- Lead global spend pool team(s) for development of global and/or regional sourcing strategies as assigned
- Analyze markets routinely to create accurate cost forecasts for the assigned spend pools
- Ensure respective spend is fully documented and traceable in the system(s)
- Identify emerging technologies and trends and determine how to create value in the supply chain
- Lead regional and global projects, that will most often have x-functional participation in any of the key sourcing areas (e.g., raw materials, packaging, tolling, other indirect, systems, etc.)
- Utilize Total Cost of Ownership tools to deliver best total value
- Negotiate commercial agreements with suppliers to ensure supply, control pricing, and mitigate risk
- Build strong network within H.B. Fuller Sourcing and other functions around the globe
- Ensure compliance with law and regulations for relevant sourcing activities under his/her charge and compliances with applicable corporate policies and procedures, including Delegation of Authority, Decision Authority, H.B. Fuller Code of Conduct, and any sourcing policies such as Ethical Conduct, Conflict of Interest, etc.
Supervisory Responsibility: None
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Science (or related)
- 3+ years of related experience
- Demonstrated strong desire and innate capability to learn
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English, other languages desired (e.g., German)
- Leadership Capabilities, Interpersonal Skills, Problem Solving, ability to effectively communicate/influence/manage change, anticipates and responds to change with ease and agility, seeks solutions to strengthen quality/value/service/efficiency
- Ability to travel in flexibility from 25% to include international
Employees receive full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid Holidays. All employees qualify for an annual cash bonus based on business performance. Annual raises are based on company and individual performance.
To all recruitment agencies: H.B. Fuller does not accept agency resumes unless directly engaged by Human Resources. Please do not forward any resumes to Human Resources or any employees. H.B. Fuller is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At H.B. Fuller, we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and are committed to providing all applicants and employees with equal employment opportunity. We subscribe to the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) policy of employing and promoting individuals based on their merits, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, or any other protected classification.
Recently Viewed Jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.