Quality Control Manager; Vancouver, WAApply Now Apply Later
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemicals across all industries throughout the world. While our products are virtually invisible, they play a vital role in ensuring the quality of modern life and we are committed to connecting what matters to solve some of the world's biggest adhesion challenges.
Manager, Quality Control; Vancouver, WA
H.B. Fuller is seeking an experienced Quality Control Manager to manage the global quality management program at Adhesive Coated Solutions (ACS) utilizing effective continuous improvement and ISO programs to produce products meeting high quality standards.
The QC Manager has full supervisory responsibilities for two (2) Senior Quality Lab Technicians (non-exempt). Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
The Quality Control Manager will have responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Lead development of continuous improvement efforts by leading Six Sigma teams utilizing lean-manufacturing principles and tools to improve manufacturing efficiencies and product quality.
- Perform ISO 9001/2008 internal audits and lead continuous improvement activities.
- Insure the organizational system and training is in place to execute ISO 9001/2008 successfully.
- Monitor the corrective action system to ensure the identification of root cause and the implementation of corrective actions.
- Develop preventative action plans to proactively improve quality.
- Evaluate customer feedback and analyze returned goods for potential quality issues and facilitate corrective action.
- Facilitate production start-up and in-process inspection and final product test requirements.
- Monitor all production processes for conformance to specifications, ensuring that all finished goods meet established customer and company standards.
- Coordinate control of all documentation certified under ISO9001 quality system.
- Develop and maintain a quality plan that aligns with the manufacturing plan strategic objectives.
- Recommend and lead improvement strategies based on process and data analysis.
- Lead quarterly Management Review meetings, providing feedback on the effectiveness on the quality program to Senior Management.
- Act as first level customer liaison on quality issues until a determination of responsibilities and corrective action is determined.
- Manage/support product improvement initiatives and on-going technical support requirements (NWBC, MSDS, and Technical Data Sheet).
- Develop and lead a quality team with the skills and experience needed to perform quality functions independently and maintain high levels of capabilities, morale and focus.
- Manage the Quality department annual budget.
- Train new employees on the ACS Quality System.
- Interviewing, hiring, training and developing employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Engineering or Manufacturing discipline); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5-8 years + manufacturing quality management experience required.
- Minimum 2 years direct supervisory experience preferred.
- Successful track record in leading continuous improvement initiatives utilizing lean manufacturing tools (Kaizen, 5S, FMEA).
- Six Sigma Black Belt preferred.
- Position may carry and lift up to 30lbs.
For more information and to apply, go to: http://jobs.hbfuller.com/
- Job Location
- Vancouver, Washington, United States
- Position Type